Thoughts specialized rockhopper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

P.diver89

Hi
What's people's thoughts on the rockhopper I'm stuck what to buy after searching the second hand market but think Iv found one at a really good price £130. Just want people's advice really is it a good bike?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Hi
What's people's thoughts on the rockhopper I'm stuck what to buy after searching the second hand market but think Iv found one at a really good price £130. Just want people's advice really is it a good bike?

Nowt wrong with a Rockhopper.

There's been lots of models over the years, but the name is something of a classic in MTB circles, which presumably is why Spesh still use it.

OP
OP
P.diver89

P.diver89

@Goggs the description is pretty basic
Hi selling a lovely specialized rockhopper that's in good condition and beautiful too ride size is a medium wheels size is 29 inch contact me for more info

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    143.8 KB · Views: 67

Goggs

Guru
Check it's not stolen, ask for proof of purchase/ownership

^This^

@Goggs the description is pretty basic
Hi selling a lovely specialized rockhopper that's in good condition and beautiful too ride size is a medium wheels size is 29 inch contact me for more info

It looks good and the price is low, very low. I had a Rockhopper stolen at the start of the year which is why I was curious. This isn't it.

If it's legit & the condition is as good as it looks I'd be tempted to go for it. Again, if it's legit. Good luck.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
You can't really go wrong with a 'hopper. Loads of us cut our teeth on one or other vintage of Spesh's ubiquitous mtb. If it is clean and "right" it will be a bargain and a safe buy. There are better bikes with better specs out there but you'd need to know precisely what you want and why such-and-such is better. The plentiful supply of 'hoppers tends to keep their prices down.

OP
OP
P.diver89

P.diver89

@Goggs I messaged him this morning as I'm traveling to London tonight to work for 2 weeks and it's near to where I'm staying he replied to say it was still for sale and the size of the frame but not replied to me asking if I can collect tonight or tomorrow haha

Goggs

Guru
Just make sure it's legal & straight.

macp

Guru
I just bought a 2008 rocky disc in lovely condition but I paid £300 for mine and when I looked round the price was about right. Its a great bike very pleased with mine but £130 :ohmy: struth that is cheap.

Freaky I bought mine from nr Rotherham somewhere around Nether Haugh I think

Last edited:
OP
OP
P.diver89

P.diver89

@macp I'm working in London so was buying it down here the lads messed me round abit was supposed to pick up last night but said he was out now not replying today maybe he's realised he can get more. So it looks like I'm buying a gt aggressor xc3 for £140 next thing I could find close by in my price range

Top Bottom