1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Three Little Non Offensive Animals

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by abchandler, 24 Jan 2008.

1. abchandler

abchandler Senior Member

2. walker

walker New Member

today is filled with the best comedy. Its like a morcambe and wise sketch. burnt pants in an oven, banning 3 little pigs as it offends muslims. whats next?

How come we've gone all these years and then muslims are offended by a short story.

3. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

have any moslems actually complained?

4. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

As a Muslim, I couldn't give a damn about 3 little pigs. Are any of these people complaining actually Muslims or just white middle class liberals??

5. walker

walker New Member

Pretty much Goth. I think these are the sort of people that won't say anything in the fear they might get a kicking for smiling. I guess it's the same sort of people that reckon all black men are violent rapists that mug everyone.

6. simoncc

simoncc New Member

The bossy people who dream up such things are non-discriminatory. They couldn't care less what anyone thinks on this matter, Muslims included. They need to be bossy, make rules and feel important. That's why we have to put up with their silly antics.

7. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

No, and they weren't even consulted about it either. No wonder they feel patronised by these idiots.

8. alecstilleyedye

and why isn't it insulting to jews if it's insulting to moslems?

9. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

I don't wish to be controversial but it's very offensive to pigs. I should know because my wife told me I was one last night:biggrin:

10. alecstilleyedye

or indeed policemen?

11. Cycling Naturalist

They've managed to work out that a religious dietary requirement not to eat pork does not mean that one is automatically offended by the existence of pigs in fiction. Unfortunately, the committee did not think that Muslims were capable of the same thought processes. It seems to be composed of teachers.

12. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Have the committee who rejected this fine work made any comment or are we still relying on the disgruntled rejectee and a report from the Torygraph for our unadulterated truth?

13. Cycling Naturalist

The opening post referred to the BBC report.

14. Pete

Pete Guest

Wasn't there a similar story about a piggy bank, some years ago? One of the big banks was using one in its promotional material, until...

15. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Ah. The OP in the Soapbox version of this thread linked to a report in the Telegraph. Oops! :biggrin: