Three Punctures in Six Days

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You mentioned the P word. What did you expect?:rolleyes:

I'd try some new tyres. Marathon Plus are really good.

Good luck.

roadrider

Thought it might be a good idea the m+ and slime because of my unlit 12 mile rural commute at 5am where only about 5 or 6 cars pass me the whole journey. I mean who can u ring at 5.30am for help without really pissing them off? I like to be self sufficent and it was a bit of a job fitting those tyres even in the shed in the dry and bright ,but ur right, I do have a belt and braces approach to most things.Wiggle costs me a fortune with all the gear I might just need sometime
biggrin.gif

Hi my name is roadrider,and im a wiggle addict

OP
OP
Hip Priest

Hip Priest

Veteran
Thought it might be a good idea the m+ and slime because of my unlit 12 mile rural commute at 5am where only about 5 or 6 cars pass me the whole journey. I mean who can u ring at 5.30am for help without really pissing them off? I like to be self sufficent and it was a bit of a job fitting those tyres even in the shed in the dry and bright ,but ur right, I do have a belt and braces approach to most things.Wiggle costs me a fortune with all the gear I might just need sometime
biggrin.gif

As someone who needed the broom wagon last week (ie. the missus in the car), I'd say this:

You're better looking at it than looking for it :thumbsup:

Cosmicned

I had two punctures on my Boardman Pro Maxxis Detonators too in as many days- those tyres puncture if you look at 'em wrong! Utter Sh*ite... Gatorskins on now & had 'em on my previous Boardman Hybrid Comp - no issues in a year of nasty commutes- 'nuff said...

OP
OP
Hip Priest

Hip Priest

Veteran
Tyres appear to be key. I can start commuting on my road bike from this week (finally got a car park pass for work), so I'm going to stick some Marathon + on.

Tyres ordered yesterday, delivered this morning, already on.
biggrin.gif

I'm a belt and braces man, if possible, because I dislike having to unload the bike of panniers etc, just to access the wheels, and in the dark, cold or wet it's even worse.

I should have replaced the tyres that came with the bike ages ago, but over the summer they gave no trouble, so I was lazy, and my reward was having to walk 3 miles on Thursday with a fully laden bike
sad.gif

MarkF

Guru
Forgot to add to this..........6 punctures became 8, I was tearing my hair out, my lad was gong crazy too, pushing his flat tyred bike around his paper round every day.

I took off the rear tyre for the umpteenth time, gave it to my good lady who found, a tiny fang-like sliver of glass, within 10 seconds. :blush:

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
If you get another puncture straight away most likely the offending thorn/glass from the first puncture is still embedded in the tyre. You really need to examine the tyre with a magnifying glass and not stop until you find whatever caused the puncture. Quite often its not visible unless you know exactly where to look and even then you need to squash the tyre in all directions, opening up any tiny holes for close inspection. Whenever I've given up searching and assumed the thorn/glass to have dropped out by itself I've always gone on to get another puncture within a few miles.

Top Bottom