Three tracks, four punctures and a ride over Wryrose Pass in the Lakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Southlakes

Guru
wpcb3190cb_0f.jpg

Click here to see the rest of the photos of the ride.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
you know what i don't understand... how can people pack their sandwiches straight into their lunch box without putting them in a bag or wrapping them in cling film ??????

PS: nice photos ;)

Three members of the party rode all the way to the top of Wrynose Pass without getting off and walking! Bryan the oldest member of the party was very please with himself on riding to the top and he said to tell you all he a OAP.

I am overflowing with admiration for those who managed Wrynose all the way. Last time I was there I even had to stop my motorbike before the top - allthough that was for a photo opportunity.

the anorak said:
you know what i don't understand... how can people pack their sandwiched straight into their lunch box without putting them in a bag or wrapping them in cling film ??????

Why, er, should one want to wrap them in cling film then put them in a bag? I never do and don't suffer any mishaps.

Nice photo's, seems like rides out with you guys is a point-to-point between cafes-type experience ;)

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
cling film OR bag, not both.

if you don't wrap the food all the tastes and smells get together and mutate into one big cheese and pickle tasting flap jack :smile:

and the box gets tainted by the smells xx(:ohmy:

PS: and the outside of that yogurt pot won't be sterile, It'll have the body fluids of at least 5 tesco workers all over it xx(xx(:rofl:

addictfreak said:
Fantastic pics and what a nice looking route. Do you post you route information anywhere?

If you follow the link to more pictures you will find a link to trip reports (eventually). Not route cards but usually good write ups.

OP
OP
S

Southlakes

Guru
Hi addictfreak,

I usually post up information about the route as Tracklog route file or as GPS Exchange route file which you can download and open up in your digtail maping software. Also try to write a ride report so that you can follow it on the map but don't always have time to do this but you can find the ride report for this ride at this link http://www.southlakesgroup.org.uk/past-ride-reports-of-2009.html#19thJuly

I have busy last week doing my second week of Jury Service at Preston which did leave much time for updating the website, I will try caught up this week!

Simeon

Breedon

Legendary Member
Lunch box=weight :wacko:
Looks like a realy nice place, going for a couple of rides next week thought about some where like that, now im off work sick but thats another story.

bigjim

Legendary Member
I'm tempted to have a go at this but wonder what bike is suitable? There seems to be a variety of bikes on there but nothing on the website about suitable machines and terrrain.

OP
OP
S

Southlakes

Guru
Hi Bigjim,

With regards to what bike you should come on a RSF ride just come on the bike which you most comfortable on for going off-road on! The club national secretary rides just normal touring bike, I ride a Trek Hybrid and other members use mountain bikes but end of the day its down to personal choice what most comfortable going off-road on!

With regards to terrain 'The Rough-Stuff Fellowship' is off-road cycle touring club so on some of the rides we may stay on the tarmac for about 75% of the ride, like two South Lakes Group rides each month which start near Lancaster.

You most welcome on any of the rides in the north west of England, we only ask people to join the club after the second ride out with the RSF.

with regards

Simeon

Top Bottom