Thumbs up to TfL and City of London Police

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Stopped at traffic lights yesterday, police were there having words with both cyclists who jumped the lights and car drivers who entered the cyclists' box. They were also handing out TfL leaflets about lorries and cyclists at junctions - the leaflet is half aimed at cyclists and half at lorry drivers.

Finally, I think they were also having words with cyclists without lights as the cop who gave me the leaflet said 'Nice to see you all lit up like that'.

Dan B

Disengaged member
There was a definite Police presence at the junction of Shoreditch High St/Great Eastern St today at 8:30am too, which didn't appear to be accident-related so I assume was part of the same push. Certainly the ASL was unusually clear of powered vehicles.

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
It's just a very concrete thing, so easy to target. My guess is it also successfully communicates the message that the police are paying attention to poor driving.

musa

Über Member
Saw a few on route to elephant and castle. 3 of them on mopeds pulled a cyclist over assumed rlj

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
City police regularly do this.

a few weeks ago, in one day I saw 3 police check points. I wish they pulled me over for a laugh.

SW19cam

Über Member
The Police have been hanging around on the south side of Bow roundabout too over the last two mornings, I think they are giving out tickets or at least 'having words' with cyclists who are using the pavement to keep off that dangerous roundabout.

TBF, the cyclists should be walking their bikes if they choose not to use the roundabout.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Only in London eh ?

Davidc

Guru
Only in London eh ?
No, I've seen it in Bristol and in Taunton, both Avon and Somerset police area. I think it's usually PCSOs though.

I got pulled over last year, after dark. Police people apologised, then made 2 unlit ninjas look at my lights and asked me to tell them how much lights cost. I got the impression there had been a load of lip about price of lights.

subaqua

What’s the point
The Police have been hanging around on the south side of Bow roundabout too over the last two mornings, I think they are giving out tickets or at least 'having words' with cyclists who are using the pavement to keep off that dangerous roundabout.

TBF, the cyclists should be walking their bikes if they choose not to use the roundabout.

The pvement with the blue paint on it ? They were not there at 06.00 , thats for sure

Top Bottom