Ti bike and Silver wheels?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

airborneal

I think Ti frames look equally as good with silver or black rims. Here's an Airborne Lancer I had [well still in loft] pics from 7 - 8 years ago. Excuse bar setups etc they weren't ffinalized at time as I had a lot of neck / shoulder problems at times and was experimenting. Fitted with both silver and black wheels Shimano Ultegras and Mavic Cosmos

P1050643.jpg

DSCI1933.jpg

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
... Excuse bar setups etc they weren't finalised at time as I had a lot of neck / shoulder problems at times and was experimenting
I recall the Airborne Lancer, a lovely bike that evolved into the Van Nicholas Euros and now the Aquilo. I assume fitted the layback seat pin helped with the "neck / shoulder problem"?

I have referenced this recently in another thread, but looking at the first picture of your bike normally I'd expect to see the saddle further back on the rails which together with a layback seatpin help position the rider further back. With a steep seat tube we struggle to get the rider back behind the bottom bracket, when it's further forward our 'core' is not engaged, something we call "Body mass representation" or "BMR".
body-mass-representation-jpg.jpg

In effect when we are to far forward our core does not support us in the same way, so we actually end up having to support ourselves by holding onto the handlebars. One good way to see if 'BMR' is correct is to set your bike up on a trainer, hold the bars in your normal cycling position then simply place move your hands behind your back like that picture of Colin from Spa Cycles below, to quote Colin "Holding your position without touching the bars doesn’t require any gymnastic ability."
bmr-jpg.jpg

You will be amazed how many fits I've done where the drive behind having the fitting in the first place is a bad back. Often the rider has concluded that they must be over reaching, to reduce the reach the logical thing to do is move the saddle forward. They will often initially look at me in horror as I move the saddle back, a look that often morphs into a smile when it instantly feels better.

The same can apply when the drive behind having a fitting is purely that they know they have got a good bike, it's not damaged in any way yet somehow it just doesn't feel as good or handle as good as it should do. When we are more in balance with the bike, which is what we are referencing here with 'BMR', it not only aids comfort, but how the bike responds when we are on it; win win really.

Last edited:
Top Bottom