Tiagra STI Indicator Windows

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Has anyone come across anywhere that sells replacement gear indicator windows for Tiagra STI Levers on their travels round the web?

Emailed Madison 2 weeks ago but have heard nothing.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mortiroloboy

Do they look like an aftersales 'part'? Bet you'll have to buy the whole thing.
Slightly OT but do you actually look at them in order to establish what gear you are in? One of the lads in the club has them on his Giant SCR2 and says he never looks at the window, bit gimmicky IMO!

Why are you looking for replacements, have they broken? surely though they should be covered by warranty, afterall Sh*man* only brought them out last year IIRC, therefore will still be covered by manufacturers warranty, get back to the place you purchased the bike from, as it is their responsibility to deal with any problems, Good luck.

Tynan

Veteran
always a bit undecided about gear indicators

sometimes my legs lie to me about what gear I'm in

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I think the 105 (sans window) look much tidier, myself.

I don't think I use the windows on my Tiagra shifters, myself, other than when first getting on the bike.

killiekosmos

Veteran
I've got the Tiagra STI shifters on my Giant SCR2. They don't look as though they are easily replaced.

As other stated I don't need them. My legs tell me when to shift down.

yenrod

I find them fitness killers - bit like having a speedo or even a HRM: when I 1st got that it was on 199 then went to 220 when I noticed the 199...

:biggrin:

Though I have a speedo and a HRM but only selectively use the HRM as it doesnt seem to work too well...

The Speedo has a pacer arrow up for inceasing speed and down for decreasing speed...

That down arrow is quite something...esp. when on the chainy...

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
No dont use them, yes they look replaceable held by 2 screws.

Not broken just pure vanity! scratched them when the bike was upside down on the patio.

Mortiroloboy

mondobongo said:
No dont use them, yes they look replaceable held by 2 screws.

Not broken just pure vanity! scratched them when the bike was upside down on the patio.

Tut tut, ALWAYS put a blanket down if you are going to do that, or get the work stand out of the shed ;)

Top Bottom