ticker/logging website with percentage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
so i think i need a new logging website for my riding as MCL just blocked me out my old account and wouldn't let me reset password and then a made a new account with them with new email and all and that wouldn't let me log in :cursing:
had a look at velo viewer but no percentage or target and ticker factory both confuses me and doesn't have percentage :sad:

any ideas, must have current mileage (obviously), target/goal and current percentage. need not even be graphic could just literally be displaying those 3 things as text
Cheers Ed

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Why not just log them in Excel?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
You could do something like this using google drive. You fill in the form and the results appear here. If I can remember the formulas and the form designing bit I could try to add percentages of a given target. If you want me to share the editing with you PM me. Designing a basic MCL log is way beyond my basic abilities, though, so it will only be your own record.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
i guess will probably start a excel log for my self and just add each ride as i go and with a formula make it give me a total miles and hopefully even a percentage of my 2000 mile target
will then up date manually my sig on here say every friday or every sunday with latest data

thinking about it i'm not sure weather or not a will really achieve my 2000 mile target as this year especially i need to work my nuts off! oh well i ended up 251 miles short last year and it's not the end of the world, especially considering at the start of last year my target was 1000 miles and that seemed miles off if you pardon the pun :tongue:
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
right, set up a one drive online excel document for ride logging with a date, distance and notes column. tells me total distance of all logged rides and and the total of all logged rides as a percentage of 2,000 miles (my goal) and miles remaining to 2,000 mile goal.
i will then manually update my sig on here at the end of each week with latest stats

@phil_hg_uk had a look at that program that you linked to but looks rather complicated and even if i don't have to fill everything in it would confuse me i reckon! i'm just after dead simple so i can just plug in date and distance and forget about it, and that's exactly what my excel logger should do for me :smile:
Cheers Ed

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
@phil_hg_uk had a look at that program that you linked to but looks rather complicated and even if i don't have to fill everything in it would confuse me i reckon! i'm just after dead simple so i can just plug in date and distance and forget about it, and that's exactly what my excel logger should do for me :smile:
Cheers Ed

No worries, the only info I put in is the bike used, the ride details, distance & max speed it works out the average. But what I like about it is I can filter down to particular rides and see how my average has changed from year to year or month to month on just that route.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
now even sorted separate total mileages for each bike :smile:
now i have a decent working excel spreadsheet with capability for date, distance, bike and notes for each ride and a overall total for all logged rides and separate totals for each bike and a percent completed of your target and miles left to your target (all of these could easily be changed to KM)
anyone want a copy?
Cheers Ed

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I use a program called Cyclistats to log my cycling with it doesnt link to anything but I like it.

It is free from here -> http://cyclistats.com/Download.htm

@phil_hg_uk - thanks for posting this up. I've downloaded it and am going to use it along with my excel sheet (managed to import all my data from excel into it), myccylinglog and Strava - I think I might need to get an assistant to do all my data logging for me :laugh:

Top Bottom