Tie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
So despite the fact that many of us on here spend a lot of time in lycra or thinking about being in lycra, there are still some who have not lost the art of sartorial elegance.

So. I have a very nice shirt, expensive, smart. However it is blue and white striped. That means I am struggling to find a tie that makes the ensemble continue to look smart, expensive. I do have a wool, maroon tie that I bought in an old fashioned tailor's shop in Clitheroe a few years ago (think Mr Benn).

Would this tie in the opinion of the jury "match"?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I do have a wool, maroon tie that I bought in an old fashioned tailor's shop in Clitheroe a few years ago (think Mr Benn).

Would this tie in the opinion of the jury "match"?

is this not a wi//y warmer in disguise ??

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Depending on the shade of blue stripe, how about a sky blue silk tie?
Trying to avoid buying a new tie if I can. I've got loads but they are all designed for wearing with a plain shirt, for example I have two sky blue silk ties but they have different circular patterns on that I don't think would go with the stripes.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
but how about a nice picture?
Indeed. We need the visual evidence :okay:

My GF works in fashion and is really stylish (eek what is she doing with Go Outdoors Man!). She bought me some really nice shirts inc a Paul Smith one with bicycles on it. How cool is that.

Top Bottom