Tight knee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Strick

Hi, I have done a search, just didn't seem to find anything that actually matched.
A bit of background first. Last year i started commuting on my bike, and got up to the point where i would often take detours to and from work to extend my usual 7.5mile route. Sometimes up to about 30 miles.
Anyway, due to a series of illness I stopped riding mid-November, then the temperature plummeted, motorvation lapsed etc. I finally overcame my laziness and started getting out on my bikes for a few short rides on the occassional evening recently.
Yesterday was my first commute day. Done 9.5 miles in, and 7.5 home and it felt great!
This morning, I have woken with a "tight" left knee. Can't say it's actually painful as such, just tight and uncomfortable when I bend it.
I use a MTB on flat pedals. Never had this before, so it seems a bit alien to me.
At the end of last year, I had the bike serviced at my LBS who suggested I may be sitting a bit too low and my saddle may need raising.
Could it be I have raised it too far? Or is it that I pushed too far too soon after having been so lazy for so long?
Thanks in advance. :smile:

festival

Über Member
I think you have answered your own question.
No previous problems? Because you remember what you could achieve before you may have pushed a bit harder while sitting to high.
A few millimeters can make a big difference.

OP
OP
Strick

Strick

Thanks for the reply.
The knee is much easier today. I dropped the saddle 5mm last night. See how that goes, and review from there I think.
I'll try to take it a bit easier for a couple of rides too. Lol.

Top Bottom