Tight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I've never believed that about Scots but I do now. I recently sold some bike bits and some old watches on Ebay, all profits would remain in my PP account till I have enough to buy another bike. :okay:

Last week instead of giving clothes and shoes to a charity shop like I normally do I listed some on Ebay, big mistake. Pair of of leather brogues, never worn, £2.20, Schuh unworn boots, £5, Mountain Warehouse jacket, 2 months old, (cost £65) £1.05!! etc I am getting mad wrapping them up, 8 parcels and every bleedin one going to Scotland. :cursing:

I've never believed that about Scots but I do now. I recently sold some bike bits and some old watches on Ebay, all profits would remain in my PP account till I have enough to buy another bike. :okay:

Last week instead of giving clothes and shoes to a charity shop like I normally do I listed some on Ebay, big mistake. Pair of of leather brogues, never worn, £2.20, Schuh unworn boots, £5, Mountain Warehouse jacket, 2 months old, (cost £65) £1.05!! etc I am getting mad wrapping them up, 8 parcels and every bleedin one going to Scotland. :cursing:
Flea bay + Scotland = wallet rape.

U

User6179

Its funny because when I sell stuff from up here in Scotland it is always London it goes to but usually for more than the things cost new ^_^

Brandane

Legendary Member
Seriously though, from someone who buys on e-bay but wouldn't know where to start with selling - could you not have put a reserve price on them?
With regards to the Scots being tight; it would appear that on this occasion we outbid the English and the rest of the world, on EIGHT different items! Money to burn, us Scots ;).

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Seriously though, from someone who buys on e-bay but wouldn't know where to start with selling - could you not have put a reserve price on them?
With regards to the Scots being tight; it would appear that on this occasion we outbid the English and the rest of the world, on EIGHT different items! Money to burn, us Scots ;).

I am used to selling watches, normally to fellow collectors so everything usually finds it's right price, but you are right, I should have used reserves. There'll be some cheaply but well turned out Scots on Saturday night. :sad: I charged a flat £5 postage so am now refunding £3.20 per item, because I said I'd post at cost. :cry:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have long ago given up selling stuff on ebay , less hassle just to put it on freecycle .

Last edited:
Top Bottom