Tightening Racing 600 disc brake wheels ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a bit of play in the front wheel. Can't find anything on the internet about adjusting them - apart from an old video suggesting it's the easiest thing in the world with a 2.5mm Allen key.

My wheels aren't that design sadly. Nothing to grab.

Attachments

• IMG_20211115_170539.jpg
    IMG_20211115_170539.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20211115_170559.jpg
    IMG_20211115_170559.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 9

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Wouldn't it just be a case of replacing the bearings?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I have Racing 5's, that was a new sealed bearings job when the rear got a wobble on.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Same, new bearings. Pull the caps off with a needle nose pliers, and tap the axel through from one side to pop the bearings out, pop axel back in and pop the other side out. Easy job.

fossyant

It wasn't too expensive, maybe £50 all fitted by local mobile mechanic with a bearing press tool.

£12 for bearings and no need for a puller with those bearings (although I do have them for frame bearings now). Correct sized Socket, bit of wood and a hammer.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
£12 for bearings and no need for a puller with those bearings (although I do have them for frame bearings now). Correct sized Socket, bit of wood and a hammer.
I didn't trust myself to start hammering bearings out of wheels, I also wasn't sure whether the freehub or wheel bearings had gone, so happy to pay a premium! Most stuff I DIY, with YouTube guidance if its a "first time". Some stuff I look at YouTube and decide its Kai job...:whistle:

OP
OP
cougie uk

cougie uk

Guru
Actually they might be racing 900s. Stupid 6s and 9s.

Can't seem to find any replacement bearings so might have to resort to the LBS and keep him in business.

fossyant

Pop the covers off (tug with needle nose pliers), wipe the bearing seal, and there will be a number on them like 6803RS

Go to Wych Bearings, stick in the number and you'll get a choice, the more expensive the better. Simple.

Top Bottom