Time for a new tyre?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I don't know, when you ride in the city you just have to accept the odd minor nick...

tyre1.jpg

But is it just my imagination, or is there a bit of a bulge?

tyre2.jpg

Yeah, I can't help thinking it might be time for a change...

tyre3.jpg

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Nothing a bit of superglue would not fail to fix.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Nothing a bit of superglue would not fail to fix.
Do you think your tyre has a hole which might lead to a puncture? Put a bit of superglue in it, let it set to a hard point aiming at your inner tube and make sure! :laugh:

If you want to try sticking tyres back together, rubbery stuff like stormseal aimed at wetsuit repairs is far better - but I suspect the one in the OP has suffered some damage to the canvas.

D

Deleted member 1258

Thats knackered, it must be orrible to ride on

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
You've been riding that since the first and second pic. Now that it's got some stone in it it's basically toast. You could open a book on how many more miles you'll get out of it.......

That sounds like fun

I find these things hang on longer than you might think. I'm guessing about another 100 miles before a spectacular blow out. Keep riding it @swee'pea99 but be sure to log your miles to keep us amused, ok?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
It's goosed; the carcass is about to be rent asunder. And superglue doesn't work either, that's as big a myth as deflating tyres to fly.
Superglue is indeed useless. 100 yards and it will have opened up again due to the tyre flexing as it rolls.*

*Cue post from someone who's tyre fell in half and after supergluing it back together it lasted another 30,000 miles.

Top Bottom