Time of year for muppets?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lol all you can really do is laugh at that prat :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Disregard my last post, there is a right bunch of Bampots out there!! I don't know if it the weather or the start of the tourist season, but there is madness on the roads today... :evil:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Disregard my last post, there is a right bunch of Bampots out there!! I don't know if it the weather or the start of the tourist season, but there is madness on the roads today... :evil:

Ah, you had some trouble yourself?

I'm looking forward to a nice quiet ride home today. Please!!!!

To him you were taking the p1ss - you left a whole cycle lane and rode well into the driving lane effectively encroaching in his space. He may be wrong in his belief, but if we understand the driver's psyche we might avoid such confrontations.

It's fine referring cyclecraft or the cycling section of the highway code, but unless you're a cylist, you have no reason to read upon on them.

Okay, so we understand drivers don't know why cyclists don't cycle in the cycle lane, so what do we do?
They don't understand that cutting up cyclists because they don't pay a fictional "road tax", or are not in "their cycle lane" is okay, so what do we do?

Neither of these I can see any reason to cycle any differently that you would to preserve your own safety (out of the lanes, primary when needed, etc).

And mainly - idiots like this are very unlikely to be reasoned with, or care.

The Highway code is applicable to all road users, hence why it's the Highway code and you need to be able to demonstrate this in a driving test.

marcw

the cycle lane looks pretty beat up with standing water. Even if it was perfect, the bloke is an idiot for putting someone's life in danger because he doesn't like where that person is on the road. He could have made a wide birth but chose to get up close. From experience even if you politely say "you were too close if something went wrong you could have killed me", the vast majority of road users get defensive and start complaining about how you have wronged them regardless of whether they have been affected/ slowed down at all. Being able to drive is seen as a right and not a responsibility and complaining about someone's driving is an attack on their freedom.

Bandini

Part of the problem is sheer stupidity. I think all drivers should have to pass an IQ test as part of their test.

400bhp

Guru
The more and more I read your posts the more you come across as sanctimonious.

:wacko:

Top Bottom