Time RSX Pedals: in use..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

I've been on Time for years and would recommend them to anyone but recently I've bought some new cleats, big deal you may say - surely you've bought cleats before,; yet this time the cleat is giving the feel that its a got no 5mm movement which should join into the sideways movement!

And as much as I am getting the sideways': the angular (heel sideways) just isnt there unless I actually move the foot - the movement feels stiff or is it just the fact that they are new ;)

I feel as though the foot should go where I put it, (how Time should work) rather than have to align the cleat - I may as well get another make of pedal.

PapaZita

Guru
I've probably not been using my RSX for quite as long as you, so I'm not sure what they feel like as they wear in a bit, but the angular rotation on new pedals and cleats is fairly stiff. There's a spring centering action, so if you want the natural position of your foot to correspond to the centre of the rotation I think you will need to align the cleat to some extent. I was a little disappointed, when I first rode RSX, that I could feel myself pushing against the spring. A little tweak of the cleat position and that sensation is gone, and they're supremely comfortable.

PZ.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

>There's a spring centering action

So true - pity there isn't more movement...i'll have to tweek the cleats !

BTW Papa' I noticed I needed new cleats when the cleats actually started to move back and forth in the pedal as you pedal...and also you shold replace them before this happens. You'll notice the action on the movement becomes even more free'er...then, after a bit longer, the cleat as above, moves backwards and forwards in the pedal - like a very dull clunking feeling felt thru you foot - just as you use these pedals to keep in mind but that wont be for a while yet.

The only thing I don't like about the pedal is that you lose the position of the cleat when you remove it - its a tiny moan but those increments of adjustment/movement are quite a bit in relation of the cleat on the shoe.

Top Bottom