Time to put this one to bed...

What is it to be in your house at Christmas?

• Roses.

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Quality Street.

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Heroes .

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Celebrations.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Something poncey.

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
Quality Street is the backup choccies if the Lindor milk choc truffles have benn snaffled by the choccy pixies. Mrs Pie has an allergy to all things chocolate!

Can I tick all of the first four :okay:

What happened to terrys chocolate orange and those tiny individual wrapped chocolate bars of varying flavours?

screenman

Legendary Member
It is, I have just found out possible to eat a box of Celebrations, drink a bottle of Pinot and still have room for a chocolate pudding. I am though feeling slightly uncomfortable.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Green and Black's for me:mrpig:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Don't forget that the manufacturers of these chocolates have reduced the amount in the "tins". There are less in now than say 5 years ago,even if they're still sold for a fiver a "tin".:dry:
Worse than that they have also reduced the amount of Cocoa in them too. Cadbury since taken over by Kraft the American plastic food company are now the especially cr@p.

Last edited:

postman

Legendary Member
None her,we have been asked to do a bit of a diet,by the nurse at the health centre. Bob's phone 061.jpg Mind you i did sneak these two 'nuts' this week.

Peanut butter on toast topped with sliced banana.Dont eat chocolate
Doesn't seem to fill the same eating niche as tiny chocolates. It's more like a mini meal than an amuse bouche.

A healthy alternative to choccies would be the traditional bowl of nuts in their shell, with Christmas themed nut cracker. You have to work for each one, and they are very nutritious.

And I just realised it's a Christmas memory when there is only brazil nuts left, taking one to a comfy chair with nut cracker, because opening those bastards is an engineering project - which is why no one ate any until all the other nuts were gone

pawl

Legendary Member
Doesn't seem to fill the same eating niche as tiny chocolates. It's more like a mini meal than an amuse bouche.

A healthy alternative to choccies would be the traditional bowl of nuts in their shell, with Christmas themed nut cracker. You have to work for each one, and they are very nutritious.

And I just realised it's a Christmas memory when there is only brazil nuts left, taking one to a comfy chair with nut cracker, because opening those bastards is an engineering project - which is why no one ate any until all the other nuts were gone

Must improve my nut cracking technique if you will pardon the expression .
Mrs P will e vacuuming up minute pieces of nut shell out of the carpet well into the new year.

Top Bottom