Time to stop lurking & start posting? Let's find out!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Frrrg rrrrf yrrrr crrrnds
Well, probably not as I'm largely dull & uncommunicative - but anyway...

I'm Jon, an an ageing, fat, slow roadie living in West Lothian, Scotland. Was a club rider in my teens & started getting semi-serious about cycling again 10 or so years ago. I try to manage 5000 or so km a year & struggle with the fact I sometimes think I enjoy tinkering and fiddling with bikes more than riding them!

Planning a possible titanium frame build this year, which may never happen as my main life skill is procrastination. Until then, here are the two hacks I wobble & puff around on:

dolan2020a.jpg

Dolan L'Etape, which sadly became a victim of a summer lockdown preoccupation with anodised tat accessories.

CX04 12-8-20.jpg

Boardman CX Comp - picked this up as a cheap winter runaround but find it a thoroughly pleasant all-year ride, despite it being so heavy it generates its own gravity.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
That can't be your garden...it looks sunny in Scotland :smile:

Welcome.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That can't be your garden...it looks sunny in Scotland :smile:

Welcome.
The pictures were probably taken on last summer's sunny Scottish day - there is nearly always one. Some years they have two or three! ***

*** As a child I once had a 6 week holiday with the Scottish half of my family during which it poured with rain all day, every day. Bloody awful. Another time though we got 6 weeks of sunshine. Bloody fantastic!

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
:welcome:You sound to have a good sense of humour which you will need on here, have you come across @Drago yet:laugh:

OP
OP
Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec

Hi Jon, this is definitely the place for mature, intelligent, and insightful discussion, so pleased to see that you 'enjoy tinkering and fiddling' with them:eek:
Oh, I do indeed, I love a good old fiddle, me. Sometimes there's even some lubing and, erm, pumping involved. And the occasional nipple that requires tweaking.

With the correct tool, you understand.

OP
OP
Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec

:welcome:You sound to have a good sense of humour which you will need on here, have you come across @Drago yet:laugh:
Oddly enough, I'm reading through the Bassists/Guitarists thread & following his personal journey of ascendance to mastery of the bass guitar. I should point out this is something I've been undertaking myself for about 43 years and I'm still sh!t.

Actually turns out I know one or two folk in that thread from 'elsewhere'. If I start discussing my specific preoccupations, I'm pretty sure they'll guess who I am! ^_^

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Welcome from another procrastinator. I’ve been planning to buy a titanium bike for nearly 2 years .
A younger me would be appalled. “ you have the cash in the bank and you still haven’t bought the bike “ .

Top Bottom