Time Trial or Road Race?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
lukesdad said:
To get back to the op the main difference between the 2 disiciplines as I see it and may have a bearing on what you decide are;
TT 100% race of truth as some call it.
RR More brain power, and the ability to race with sudden injections of pace.

Friends (now in 60's/70's) used to time trial and road race:
He beat her road racing
She beat him time trialling

His explanation:
On a TT he got bored, started planning holidays etc and lost focus on the effort
In a RR he had the better tactical nous

that is much the same as your comment

Blott's Mate

Ian H said:
I beg your pardon, but I would have thought that a decent club would have coaching and advice readily available for someone wanting to start competitive cycling.

Nope. Diddly squit in our club.You can get all you need for TTs from books/on-line/forums.Well I did & won all the club's ladies TT trophies. Road racing would be different as it's not just brute force & ignorance & as for cyclocross! That put me in my place. Coaching for RR & CX I reckon.

Bill Gates

Sam Kennedy said:
Well I've already contacted someone in my club who has sent me links to different tacx workout plans, and a lot of people in the club race. I started a thread on my clubs forum but that was before I decided I wanted to race and the thread died.

I'll get in contact with the club leader/owner/starter and see what he recommends.

Have you managed to do any workouts on the turbo yet?

Bill Gates

Sam Kennedy said:
Not yet... it's for Christmas :tongue: :biggrin: (Happy it's for Christmas, sad I can't use it)

I got my christmas present early as I needed it now. A new rear wheel and cassette so that I can now use 2 x sets of wheels for training. One with michelin pro race 3's and the other with gatorskins and then another with the turbo tyre (old racing tyre) on. I used to have to flaff about changing tyres, now I don't.:biggrin:

montage

God Almighty
got my turbo for my birthday - it is great ;)
good excuse to set the laptop up with a film as well and take a break from that ever looming revision

Top Bottom