Tiny Chamelons Discovered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I read an article another day according to which four new species of very small chameleon have been discovered. One pictured walking along a matchstick seemed to be no longer than a thumbnail. I'm not the world's biggest fan of keeping reptiles in captivity but it occurred to me that you could give these things a massive home (on their scale of things) and grow things like chilli plants or strawberries and they would take care of all the insect pests that land on them. Mind you they did look like a particularly stroppy bluebottle could beat them up.
(I know this is useless without pics but I can't remember where the article is.)

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Here's one! You might have to look hard though, they're shy little creatures...

imgres
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWJPBy8DZwUHb8EwzCVy-SXkx15bbWPHaWWOUOe7AmKkLt79ob.jpg

Arch

Married to Night Train
Indeed they are! It's animals like that, and tiny mice and so on, that boggle my mind most about biology. How they can have all the same bones and organs as you or I, functioning, in such bodies.

Somehow, insects and bacteria and so on boggle me less, because they seem more different.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Indeed they are! It's animals like that, and tiny mice and so on, that boggle my mind most about biology. How they can have all the same bones and organs as you or I, functioning, in such bodies.

Indeed, and a higher IQ than many folk.

snailracer

Über Member
I think you mean this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/17028940

It is, indeed, teh cute.
Jeez, that matchstick is enormous.

Top Bottom