Tiny rides of 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a.twiddler

Veteran
11/12/23
Tiny Ride to visit the local BAE Harrier.

Hoping for a longer ride earlier today but message from Mrs T “Expecting a parcel. Got to be there when delivered.” Rushed out to do shopping to be back in time.

Decided to go and visit the local BAE Harrier which is parked at a local industrial estate, after lunch. A photo op for the Spirit which has never been there before.Got my stuff together. Noticeably warmer today, though still wearing the thermal underwear which I’ve been wearing recently. Grey trousers, military pullover, gilet, black cap, now found the other crocheted track mitt which has joined its equally scruffy companion for this trip.

Out through the back gate, towards Swanlow Lane, through the uphill traffic lights. Now that the Schwalbe Big Apple is on the front, the annoying road buzz which I felt at the handlebars on this stretch with the former tyre has gone. Might be my imagination, but the progress seems better, too. Over the slight summit, gradually downhill to the A54 roundabout then left down a long dual carriageway hill towards Chester, passing a group of girls walking uphill who made an apparently witty remark which I didn't catch. Long before reaching Chester I went straight across the next roundabout into an industrial estate then through the estate roads to where a down at heel former flying machine stood like a prisoner behind a barred fence. It had a forlorn appearance with that droopy look that Harriers have. It is the gate guardian to an MOT centre. Fortunately the gate was open so I was able to park the bike in front of it and take some photos.
P1020907.JPG

P1020908.JPG

P1020909.JPG

P1020910.JPG

Out of the gate then gingerly up the kerb to the right, between some bollards then along a path that leads to a road. Right along the pavement, on to the road then left at a T junction, right again. A bit out of practice on the narrow right angle turns. It might be worthwhile taking a couple of inches off the stem to lower the bars a little as there is plenty of knee clearance. Once rolling, it goes well. The Big Apple looks like it rolls better than the old City Jet. I keep going, increasing speed though I don’t see the average speed on the Garmin improving at all. Several cars come by, and a white van that gives me an incredible amount of room. Soon I come to the uphill on Dover Drive and the speed drops. I turn to a road on the right then drop downhill on a right hand bend. A blue car that was behind me drops back instead of overtaking. I swoop downhill then left and the speed drops as the road levels. The blue car passes with vast amounts of room. Soon I’m at my back gate.

That felt pretty good though I’m getting a bit more dubious about the Garmin info on short trips having re read some of my stuff from 2020 using a wired bike computer.

Distance 3.24 miles. Max speed 20.5 mph. Average 8.1 mph. According to Garmin.
Ascent 87 feet. According to Bikehike.

a.twiddler

Veteran
15/12/23
Tiny Ride Today

Sunny and mild today though rain was in the offing for later.

First ride since having a cracked tooth out a couple of days ago. Still feeling a bit battered after the experience. The tooth put up a fight until it gave up and came out in several small pieces.

So today, wore the usual gear though was pleased not to need the thermal underwear this time.

Out through the back gate, wheeled the bike across the road and arranged myself while getting ready to launch. A lycra clad cyclist on a mission was coming up behind followed erratically by a hooded mountain biker who seemed to turn off.

The lycra clad cyclist whirred past and said "hi" then pursued his arrow-straight course. I launched and gathered speed.

Almost immediately the hooded mountain biker went slowly past and dived in front of me between two parked cars and on to the pavement. He continued on the pavement doing wheelies and stoppies but wasn’t making much progress. I observed that under the hoodie he was wearing a peaked cap. The bike looked like an electric one with a fat rear hub and battery on the down tube, so not very agile, but he wasn’t using the assistance. He didn’t seem particularly aware of his surroundings and as I came alongside and passed him I brringed my bell in case he took it into his head to dive out into the road. I don’t know if it would have made any difference: perhaps he had earbuds in. Never got your boat horn handy when you need it! I got by without incident and eventually came to the uphill traffic lights on Swanlow Lane making good progress to the lights but they went red as I got there. I noticed that the hooded biker had crossed the road and was wheelying up the right hand pavement before disappearing round the corner.

The lights turned green, I went right and noted that I was breathing harder than usual. Maybe I need more time to recover from the dental experience. Left at the next turning, freewheeling downhill while I got my breath back. The hooded biker was on the left pavement, doing his stunt riding but I soon left him behind, pausing for traffic at a mini roundabout then through another set of lights then left to my local surgery. Prescriptions dropped off in the outside box without dismounting, then back across the road on to the cycle path to the right then left and left again through some bollards to the car park of my usual supermarket.

The hooded mountain biker was in the queue for a cash machine as I arrived. I got off and pushed as the pavement was crowded, locked up to a metal barrier and went in to the fruit and veg department. I returned shortly afterwards, clutching my enormous shiny purple vegetable in triumph. I unlocked and joined the queue of vehicles heading for the car park exit. Left at the exit roundabout, right at the next to Dingle Lane and over the speed humps. While looking up at the forlorn frontage of the old Drill Hall as I passed by I noted the year 1900 in the red brickwork above the entrance.

Across the pavement at the end, through an estate, coping with the uphill reasonably well. Left along a level street then right to go uphill on what remained of Gladstone St. What had happened to my legs? A real effort to get up that hill. I put it down to lingering toothout-itis, got through the traffic calming chicane on to Townfields Rd and on to the level before gratefully stopping at the red traffic lights to get my breath back. Then left and downhill on Swanlow Lane, survived the uphill turn off and meandered in a leisurely fashion to my back gate.

Distance 2.87 miles. Max speed 21.7 mph. Average 7.1mph.
Ascent 112 feet.

a.twiddler

Veteran
23/12/23
Shopping trip, town centre. The rain and high winds of the last few days have gone. I’ve been itching to get out on two wheels even if only for a tiny ride so today I stuck the Radical seat back bag on the Linear and went shopping. Once out the back gate I struggled to get aboard. I’ve been spoilt by the low step over and easy on/off that the Spirit has. Once aboard and rolling, no problem. I stopped to tweak the mirror slightly then once under way I was soon at the uphill traffic lights at Swanlow Lane. I’d originally intended to turn right here but it was such a pleasant day that I continued straight on to stretch out the miles a bit. I almost came to a stop as the lights were red but they changed just as I reached the advance stop line. One thrust of the pedal and I went from an incipient trackstand to continuing forward motion. A mild headwind, but nothing compared to the gale force winds of the last few days.

I trundled along negotiating the Christmas traffic until I came to the end of what was obviously a tailback from the A54 roundabout. I turned right down St. George’s Road to avoid it but soon had my downhill fun interrupted by other traffic waiting for a bin lorry which was slowly working its way along. Eventually we all got past and I reached the town centre. It was busy with traffic and I joined the flow. I got into the car park of my usual supermarket and locked up to a barrier. There were cars queuing for parking spaces and I was glad I came on the bike. Back out again with a couple of bags of shopping which I distributed between the seat bag and rack bag.

I turned the bike round and contemplated the traffic in the queue for the exit. Someone was having trouble reversing out of a parking space. The car behind, despite having space to reverse, was refusing to budge. Meanwhile traffic behind was building up and becoming frustrated. There was a lot of bad tempered beeping and revving of engines going on. If the pavements had not been crammed with pedestrians I would have taken that route. I sat and waited out the drama before launching.

I left plenty of space between myself and the vehicle in front so was able to even out the stop start stop start of the traffic into an oh so slow steady roll then someone in the incoming traffic line stopped and waved me through. Left at the exit roundabout, right at the next into Dingle Lane, across the pavement at the end, into Gladstone St and Townfields Road. Even with my load of shopping it didn’t seem too bad a climb. Perhaps the following wind helped. Over the top, straight across Swanlow Lane for a change, then a zig zag route to my back gate. A pretty sedate ride but it got me out of the house.

Distance 3.12 miles. Max speed 16.6 mph. Average 7.2.
Ascent 108ft.

Last edited:

Windle

Über Member
A belated report of my first tiny ride of the year, on New Years Day no less. The weather over the holiday was nothing short of abysmal so when a sunny day presented itself I though I best take the chance before going back to work. Only about 5 miles but a decent bit of fresh air and a start to 2024's tally. The gate where the railway path ends, on the lane down to Gibsneese farm.

GOPR0669.JPG
Looking north from the decidedly damp railway path.
GOPR0671.JPG
Next to the farm crossing underpass bridge, I normally ride down here and up the other side..... maybe not today.
GOPR0674.JPG
A varied selection of sheep colours when on the way back, the light was already fading by now once out of the sun.
GOPR0675.JPG
I took a small detour up the road and back to round the mileage up, looking north again over towards Cockfield, that shadow bloke was following me for the whole ride.
GOPR0677.JPG

a.twiddler

Veteran
18/1/24
Tiny ride today

It’s been frosty the last couple of days, with a light covering of snow yesterday. It felt bitterly cold this morning, but this afternoon it’s been pleasant in the sun. I was tempted to use the trike but in the end went on the Spirit instead. It’s the first ride on it this year. I’d somehow gravitated to the familiar Linear for the previous three rides.

My first impression on getting on was how easy it was, and that it was a bit cramped. With all my layers, thermal underwear and Christmas flab, my thighs were making contact with my abdomen, which they didn’t do with the Linear, so I adjusted the seat back a bit. Better, but maybe needs a bit more. My legs haven’t got any longer, so it’s a bit mysterious.

Off I went, just a short one today, to Swanlow Lane and the uphill traffic lights where I stopped for a while on red. Rolling again, the small wheels soon spun up to whatever speed I was likely to achieve today, feeling a bit unathletic. Something I’ve noticed is that it’s faster than it feels. Whether it’s because your forward view is accompanied by the high bars and the menagerie of things that live there -gear changers, brakes, bell, Garmin, etc or the effect of the little wheels working hard below, the scenery doesn’t seem to be going by as fast as your twirling legs might suggest.

With the underseat bars of the Linear the gear changer and brakes aren’t in your face, and the Garmin, bell etc are on a bracket far ahead so it’s a bit like flying, as there’s nothing front of you but the road. Somehow, despite not being particularly fast, it’s a laid back, leisurely experience. I can’t help wondering how something as compact as the Spirit would feel with underseat steering.

Meanwhile, enjoying what I’ve got, I come to the small summit on this road and change up to make the most of the gradual downhill to the A54 roundabout. Here I turn left in the hope of getting the benefit of another downhill. Unfortunately there’s a slight headwind, and the hill, though quite long, doesn’t have a very impressive slope. I turn left at the roundabout at the bottom then right at a T junction into Woodford Lane West which after a while becomes Blakeden Lane. I stop on an uphill to let a van go past then adjust the seat a little further back.

The frozen snow and ice hasn’t completely melted in this shady lane which together with a broken surface makes things interesting. However, the lightly loaded 16” front wheel goes where it’s pointed despite my expectation that it will follow an icy rut at any minute and deposit me on my ear. I steadily plod along the lane gaining more confidence in the bike as I go.
P1020930.JPG

Eventually I come to where the lane makes a T junction with the busy A54. There are two signs for Blakeden Lane so I stop to photograph the bike with one of them.
P1020929.JPG

I consider joining the hectic traffic but decide against it. Why spoil the tranquility of my ride?

I head back the way I came which as a bonus, is slightly downhill. I come to Littler Lane on the left, and follow that. More frozen snow, and icy patches. At the end of this lane there is a shared pedestrian/bike path running past the Police HQ which I want to try.

The A54 is indeed busy when I reach it again but I turn right on to the wide path, and apart from the traffic noise, it’s OK. Nobody about apart from a jogger and a woman with two dogs.
P1020931.JPG

I come to the end of the shared path, cross the road at Woodford roundabout and pick up another path alongside the industrial estate. Left again to follow the path until it turns on to a road.
P1020933.JPG

Right, left, right and on to an estate road. Picking up the pace a bit to make up for the pootling about in the snowy, icy lanes, up a hill, right then on the level for a while, swooping downhill and before I know it I’m crossing a lowered pavement to arrive at my back gate.

Distance 6.15 miles. Max speed 17.9 mph. Average 6.9 mph. According to Garmin.

Ascent 119 ft. According to Bikehike.

a.twiddler

Veteran
24/1/24
Tiny ride today
Shopping on the Spirit Recumbent

After several days of wind and rain, today was pretty calm. I’d been suffering from a heavy cold and chest infection for the last week. After all that coughing and spluttering and sneezing I needed to get out for a ride to shift some of the gunk on my lungs. It’s hard to remember when I last had a cold.

Not a long ride today, just out for a spot of shopping. It was warm enough to forgo the thermal underwear today, which was a relief. Just the usual everyday clothes again, including track mitts.

I’d been experimenting with the seat recline, after being impressed once more by the comfort of the Linear. I’d adjusted the seat back to be more upright, to mimic that of the Linear and it made a difference. I’d initially thought that by reclining the seat bit by bit (just because I could) I’d get to the stage where I adapted and got some aero benefit but it just seems that for very little downhill speed gain I just lost climbing efficiency.

So, with the wind blowing randomly but not gustily, I set off to the right from my back gate. Encouraged by a green light I plodded along in the right hand lane at the uphill traffic lights and managed to get through them before they changed. Steady going over the hump.

I considered going straight on to get the benefit of the downhill but was passed by a large articulated lorry. Not a good combination ahead with a narrow residential street and parked cars both sides. I wondered how he was going to get through. Then I spotted the flashing lights of a bin lorry far ahead so decided to take the shorter route left towards the town centre. Right at a mini roundabout then as I hopped the kerb to get into Dingle Lane the Artic appeared on the right. Looked like medical supplies for the nearby Hospice, perhaps a regular route, but it must have been tricky getting a thing like that through. Normally, if two cars enter the rat run at the same time, one of them ends up reversing.

Left at the roundabout at the end of the road, then right at the supermarket roundabout beyond. Serendipitously, there was nothing coming the other way, so I cheekily took a short cut straight across to my usual barrier and locked up. Nothing like wondering if your bike will still be there when you come out to make your shopping trip snappy, but there it was, waiting for my return.

As I finished loading up and unlocked, a car stopped across my exit. A woman got out and called to someone out of sight. She left the engine running and disappeared. I thought she might have made a quick trip to the nearby cash machine but she wasn’t there. I wheeled the bike in the opposite direction, turned round and squeezed out past the car.

It was a nice recent model BMW. Perhaps left anywhere else, some scrote might have driven off in it by now. The insurance company would have had a good laugh if she’d tried to claim for it in that instance.

I carried on with my ride pondering how I could stretch it out a bit without too much of a detour.

Back through the car park, noticing how much better the handlebar/seat relationship was with the more upright position, and how much better the low speed handling was. Left at the exit roundabout then right at the next one into Dingle Lane. Perhaps long ago before all these houses were here, the lane passed through a dingle, or small wooded valley. Over the speed humps, once more appreciating the suspension, then back over the pavement en route to an estate road, then Gladstone St. and Townfields Road.

With the wind in my face the uphill was no faster but did feel easier than before. I decided to go straight on over Swanlow Lane to stretch it out a bit, uphill initially then downhill to a T junction, left then swooping downhill into the wind before going off to the left with the wind broadside on. Another T junction where I went left then round the block once more to make the mileage 4.13. I could have done with making it 5+ miles but lunch was calling.

I think I was still feeling the effects of the recent cold, as I was glad to get in and stick my feet up.

I noticed that when I got to the town centre the average speed was showing as 8.9 but the wind and hill on the way back soon reduced that.

Distance 4.13 miles. Max 21.2 mph. Average speed 7.3 mph. According to Garmin.
Ascent 169 ft. According to Bikehike.

Last edited:

a.twiddler

Veteran
Nice ride but you are a year late reporting it! :okay:

Better do something about it. Well spotted!

MGman

15/12/23
Tiny Ride Today

Sunny and mild today though rain was in the offing for later.

First ride since having a cracked tooth out a couple of days ago. Still feeling a bit battered after the experience. The tooth put up a fight until it gave up and came out in several small pieces.

So today, wore the usual gear though was pleased not to need the thermal underwear this time.

Out through the back gate, wheeled the bike across the road and arranged myself while getting ready to launch. A lycra clad cyclist on a mission was coming up behind followed erratically by a hooded mountain biker who seemed to turn off.

The lycra clad cyclist whirred past and said "hi" then pursued his arrow-straight course. I launched and gathered speed.

Almost immediately the hooded mountain biker went slowly past and dived in front of me between two parked cars and on to the pavement. He continued on the pavement doing wheelies and stoppies but wasn’t making much progress. I observed that under the hoodie he was wearing a peaked cap. The bike looked like an electric one with a fat rear hub and battery on the down tube, so not very agile, but he wasn’t using the assistance. He didn’t seem particularly aware of his surroundings and as I came alongside and passed him I brringed my bell in case he took it into his head to dive out into the road. I don’t know if it would have made any difference: perhaps he had earbuds in. Never got your boat horn handy when you need it! I got by without incident and eventually came to the uphill traffic lights on Swanlow Lane making good progress to the lights but they went red as I got there. I noticed that the hooded biker had crossed the road and was wheelying up the right hand pavement before disappearing round the corner.

The lights turned green, I went right and noted that I was breathing harder than usual. Maybe I need more time to recover from the dental experience. Left at the next turning, freewheeling downhill while I got my breath back. The hooded biker was on the left pavement, doing his stunt riding but I soon left him behind, pausing for traffic at a mini roundabout then through another set of lights then left to my local surgery. Prescriptions dropped off in the outside box without dismounting, then back across the road on to the cycle path to the right then left and left again through some bollards to the car park of my usual supermarket.

The hooded mountain biker was in the queue for a cash machine as I arrived. I got off and pushed as the pavement was crowded, locked up to a metal barrier and went in to the fruit and veg department. I returned shortly afterwards, clutching my enormous shiny purple vegetable in triumph. I unlocked and joined the queue of vehicles heading for the car park exit. Left at the exit roundabout, right at the next to Dingle Lane and over the speed humps. While looking up at the forlorn frontage of the old Drill Hall as I passed by I noted the year 1900 in the red brickwork above the entrance.

Across the pavement at the end, through an estate, coping with the uphill reasonably well. Left along a level street then right to go uphill on what remained of Gladstone St. What had happened to my legs? A real effort to get up that hill. I put it down to lingering toothout-itis, got through the traffic calming chicane on to Townfields Rd and on to the level before gratefully stopping at the red traffic lights to get my breath back. Then left and downhill on Swanlow Lane, survived the uphill turn off and meandered in a leisurely fashion to my back gate.

Distance 2.87 miles. Max speed 21.7 mph. Average 7.1mph.
Ascent 112 feet.

BAE Harrier (and Lightnings) That's when UKLtd. could "make things"

Windle

Über Member
A tiny ride from Sunday gone, just a run down Scotland Lane and along the paved part of the railway to the gate and return with the usual detour down the road towards Peathrow and back (whoever's been throwing peas I've no idea) to round it up to 4 miles. A pleasant afternoon and about 6 degrees. My usual short loop over to Cockfield and across the fell is out of action at present as I don't own a canoe.
The run was mainly to test the new drop bar and brifter set up I'd carried out on the Univega as I wasn't entirely sure the brakes would work properly with my weight on the bike (the levers seem to pull back a long way). I'd heard things about 'pull ratios' when putting road bike levers on mountain bike brakes (cantilevers), but all was fine. I only needed a slight tweak of the barrel adjuster on the rear mech to get the gears shifting perfectly too, with seemingly no mismatch between the seven speed block and nine speed shifter :unsure:. Well apart from the front mech, whose brifter had (not for the first time) seen it's ar@e, not clicking into place to hold the mech in the various positions. No matter, I'd set it up in the middle ring position for now. The bike feels more comfortable with drop bars on, no matter how many times I ride mountain bikes I always find the position not to be as good as road bars.
Starboard bow view.

GOPR0791.JPG

These girls seemed interested in the modified machine (or maybe the tyres smelled of turnip or something).
GOPR0790.JPG

As far as I got without getting muddy, front view showing the slightly turned in brifters 'trendy gravel bike 'tastic'. They actually feel a bit better, with the hands seemingly falling into a more natural position than with them straight ahead.
GOPR0793.JPG

Galvanized ironmongery gate shot on the way back.
GOPR0794.JPG

I just need to get some bar tape to finish the job off now.

a.twiddler

Veteran
15/2/24
Tiny Ride Today
A Shopping trip on the Spirit.

I took advantage of the mildness and the not-raining to cycle to the town centre for a bit of shopping today. It was cloudy but pleasant indeed once I got rolling. A following wind, methought. On to Swanlow Lane, pedalling furiously uphill in the hope that the red light would turn green as I reached the line. It did, and I was ridiculously pleased about it as I maintained momentum across the camber and up the lesser slope on the other side. I rolled easily to the roundabout on the A54 where there was a spasm of static traffic ahead which obligingly cleared as I reached it. Straight across, negotiating the speed humps on Delamere St which the suspension smoothed out for me.

Eventually I reached a right turn on to Nixon Drive. Trundling downhill I debated a detour via the sports fields but there were a couple of chaps in hi vis discussing something at the turn off to the left so I continued straight on. More speed humps then I reached Grange Lane where I turned right. After a spell of undulations I came to the traffic lights on the A54. Naturally there was a slope up to them but I kept going as they were green, and straight on to the town centre. Soon I was on a cycle lane which I followed left to my usual supermarket. After locking to a barrier and shopping in there, I loaded up the bike, leaving it locked, and walked round the town centre in search of some other bits and pieces.

Mission accomplished, I unlocked and set off across the car park. Left at the exit roundabout, left at the next into Dingle Lane, where I had to wait at traffic lights on the A54. Straight on on green, then sharp left on to a pavement cycle path. This town is well endowed with those, and you do see some bikes about, despite the steep climbs near the river.

I followed the cycle path past the town centre traffic lights, then uphill along a wide pavement where there is no longer a marked path. At a point where there is a gap in the central barrier I crossed over to the other side of the dual carriageway and continued uphill. Eventually I came to Swanlow Lane where I followed the road left. There was a slight headwind but it was not much of a problem. Soon I came to the traffic lights at Townfields Road where I stopped briefly before steaming down and uphill again in the direction of Church Minshull. I wanted to stretch out my mileage a bit but also it was lunchtime so I compromised and turned back once I’d passed the town boundary sign and headed back along Swanlow Lane. I’d noticed several large lorries coming the other way earlier and soon there was one behind me. I couldn’t help wondering what effect they were having on the bridges on this road being that it is a B road. Certainly last time I passed through Church Minshull the road surface was well cratered with potholes. What with parked cars and irregular knots of oncoming traffic there was little chance of him getting past. I kept going to the uphill traffic lights where I turned left and after a bit of winding about and a few ups and downs reached my back gate.

No photos today as I didn't bring my camera.

Quite a relaxed ride today and despite all the uphills my average for the short distance was 8 mph.

As I was eating my lunch the rain started so the timing was pretty good.

Distance 7.29 miles. Max Speed 20.0 mph. Average 8mph. According to Garmin.

Ascent 165 ft. According to Bikehike.

Last edited:

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Eventually I reached a right turn on to Nixon Drive. Trundling downhill I debated a detour via the sports fields but there were a couple of chaps in hi vis discussing something at the turn off to the left so I continued straight on.

I do like the way you alter your route depending on circumstances. That's just the sort of thing I do - oh, there's a dog walker on the cycle path up ahead but I can nip round another way and neither of us is inconvenienced.

a.twiddler

Veteran
17/2/24
A Tiny Ride Part One
Car service trip.

Dropped off car, Bromptoned it back. A nice, mild if cloudy morning. Back along the cycle track alongside the High St, then up the unmarked pavement uphill of the town centre lights, crossed over further uphill opposite a junction then continued along the pavement on that side. On reaching Swanlow Lane at the top of the hill I crossed over and continued downhill alongside the dual carriageway of Oakmere Road. Soon I was on an estate road which I followed for a mile or two before arriving at my back gate.

3.66 miles, Max 16.5, Average 10.0 mph. According to Garmin.

Ascent 136 ft. According to Bikehike.

A Tiny Ride Part Two
Car service trip.

Brompton to garage, pick up car.
Once the car was ready, I set off to collect it. The wind had got up since earlier on, but fortunately it was in my favour. I retraced my earlier route in reverse, along the estate road then uphill along Oakmere Road.

Just before I reached the junction with Oakmere Road, a young woman in a car slowed and shouted through her window, “Oy mate! I like your balls!”. If I’d been wearing short shorts I might have worried that there might be a testicular escapee but then I realised she was referring to these whimsical rear lights which I’d attached long ago and all but forgotten. Lit:-
P1020953.JPG

The camera records them as orange but to the Mk 1 eyeball they are red.
Unlit:-
P1020952.JPG

The Brompton is the only bike I have with enough space under the saddle to allow them to dangle and sway about to their hearts’ content. Oh well, it’s a bonus if you can spread a little happiness on your travels.

Across Swanlow Lane then downhill to the town centre where I had to collect an item, before retrieving the car.

The first drops of rain started to fall as I folded the bike and closed the boot. Sooner or later my timing will slip and I’ll get drenched.

3.65 miles, max 17.3 mph, average 8.0 mph. According to Garmin.

Ascent 91 ft. According to Bikehike.

Total miles today 7.31.

Combined ascent 227ft.

Bristolian

14 Feb 2024
Granddaughter's Birthday Card

A planned log ride that turned into very short one. My GD lives a couple of miles away so I thought leave the car on the drive, ride over there and then head out for a longer ride. Well the first bit went as planned (and GD got her card) but heading up a long hill (about 2% so maybe not even a hill) my legs felt like they had lead in them. By the time I hit the top of the hill I was bu99er'd so took the shortest route back home again. Total distance ridden 4.94km (3.07mls) with a meagre 52m of height gained @ 11.7 mph average.

Top Bottom