Tips for enjoying Christmas ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I'm not sure why but I can get very depressed with family gatherings. I feel under so much pressure for everyone else's happiness, my parents, my sister, my wife & children. I love cooking a good dinner and tend to shut myself away in the kitchen doing that, and I enjoy the meal etc, giving presents, but working out how to balance time between various family members can be immensely stressful what with their different needs and likes/dislikes. We'll be staying with family this year rather than doing Christmas Day at home so things will be different. And possibly more pressured!

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
I'm not sure why but I can get very depressed with family gatherings. I feel under so much pressure for everyone else's happiness, my parents, my sister, my wife & children. I love cooking a good dinner and tend to shut myself away in the kitchen doing that, and I enjoy the meal etc, giving presents, but working out how to balance time between various family members can be immensely stressful what with their different needs and likes/dislikes. We'll be staying with family this year rather than doing Christmas Day at home so things will be different. And possibly more pressured!

Totally get where you are coming from.
Got totally pissed one Christmas day and ruined it for everyone.
Rarely touch a drop on Xmas day now.

Ignore it as much as humanly possible in my case.
Hibernate, until all the nonsense is over with

I'm working 23rd/24th/25th/26th/27th/28th
Then 31st/1st
:laugh::okay:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We have the 'dreaded' MIL's Christmas Card list. We're ahead of the game this year as we've printed it, but we have no sticky labels as we've not been able to 'acquire' a sheet from the works stationary cupboard. She's phoned twice in two days asking for the list. Thing is, we can't visit yet as MrsF is poorly (MIL in prison Nursing Home).

Once this is done and posted we get peace ! Roll on Christmas. :laugh:

I'm the only one off really this year in our house - off from tomorrow Lunch until the 4th Jan. I do propose lots of bike rides if the weather holds up.

There is only one role model:
1639569221370.png

Top Bottom