Tire bulging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
This has nothing to do with the content of your thread but I get really annoyed every time someone on here write the word tyre the American way. This is the UK and I wish people would spell words the English way so , please note that the correct spelling is TYRE with a Y. Thank you.

Doucement, Gavroche, calme-toi. We don't have an 'Académie anglaise' so anything goes. ^_^

OP
OP
K

kovacsa

This has nothing to do with the content of your thread but I get really annoyed every time someone on here write the word tyre the American way. This is the UK and I wish people would spell words the English way so , please note that the correct spelling is TYRE with a Y. Thank you.
Hey all, Sorry for non-UK spellings and grammar. Neither are my strong suit. I'm in Canada and here we have at least 1/2 way British spelling, colour vs color, centre vs center, etc. It's "tire" here in Canada, and it took a bit of getting use to seeing "tyre" for the first time. Hope nobody's too offended if I miss a comma or a switched letter here and there. I'm here for the great bike help that I know exists on this site. Thanks all!

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Hey all, Sorry for non-UK spellings and grammar. Neither are my strong suit. I'm in Canada and here we have at least 1/2 way British spelling, colour vs color, centre vs center, etc. It's "tire" here in Canada, and it took a bit of getting use to seeing "tyre" for the first time. Hope nobody's too offended if I miss a comma or a switched letter here and there. I'm here for the great bike help that I know exists on this site. Thanks all!
Don't worry, no offence taken. I wasn't aware you were from Canada and my remark was directed at people in the UK who are too influenced by American spelling . I see it all the time with various words and it drives me mad.

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
I would say that it’s most likely the rim needs truing looking at the video.

Have you measured the height of the tyre where you think the bulge is, comparing it to a different section of the tyre? That would rule out the tyre.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's definitely the rim that's out of true, the tyre is just following it. You need to learn how to true a wheel.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I get really annoyed every time someone on here write the word tyre the American way.
my remark was directed at people in the UK who are too influenced by American spelling . I see it all the time with various words and it drives me mad.
Dear Mr @gavroche
In the first quote above, may I recommend that you adopt the word "writes" (third person singular present of the verb 'to write') as you would not wish others to get "really annoyed" and "drive [them] mad" by your poor 'grammer' ;). And please do not leave a space after "spelling" (second quote) and before the full stop you've used to indicate the end of the sentence - see your text above.
There is a danger that admitting personal aggravation to different spellings as trivial as "tyre" and "tire" leaves you wide open to prolonged scrutiny. Motes and beams (Matthew, chapter 7, verses 1 to 5)? Or perhaps just blame these aberrations on 'autocorrect'.

Top Bottom