Tirreno Adriatico, 6-10 March 2013 [Spoilers]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Never count Schleck out. In previous years his form has been bad early on in the season and he's come to the TdF with a game face. However saying that, I don't think I ever seen him as bad as he is right now. I think he's maybe a little lost without his brother, as they are so close and have trained and raced together since they were young. Plus the whole pelvis thing has probably put him back at least 18months in form, not to mention seriously knocking his confidence. Maybe 2014 is a more realistic goal for him, and just to use 2013 to get back in form.
Always count Schleck out and wait to be surprised, nay shocked, when he turns up, competes and finishes a race.
Remind me again, someone, who used to be relatively rubbish in races until the TdF came around?:whistle:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Looks like a stellar line-up from the sprints to the GC. Definitely a stronger field than P-N.
Greipel, Cav, Degenkolb, Ciolek, Goss, Bennati, Bole, Ferrari of the swerve, Sagan - could be interesting.

Yes, it makes Paris-Nice look distinctly secondary this year.

Noodley

Paris>Nice is a great example of how a bike race can still be interesting without the "big" names and riding at drug-induced high speeds, and that is after a short prologue and 2 flat stages!!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
A Tony Martin-powered OPQS take the opening TTT over Movistar, which puts Cav in the lead - Sky some way down, which considering they have both Froome and Wiggins in the squad must be disappointing.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
wiggins wasnt there

That might have something to do with it then - I only saw the squad lists not the final line-up. :smile:

thom

____
To be fair, wet conditions may have caused a few teams to hold back their efforts.
RSNT well back with Cancellara too - they may just consider some risks are not worth it in the grand scheme of things.

oldroadman

Veteran
Schleck dropped early in the opening TTT - he has a serious problem between his ears I think, and not great condition either looking at the way he had no power and just surrendered.
Wiggins rides Volta a Catalunya next. This has some challenging terrain, good preparation for the Giro.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Schleck dropped early in the opening TTT - he has a serious problem between his ears I think, and not great condition either looking at the way he had no power and just surrendered.
Wiggins rides Volta a Catalunya next. This has some challenging terrain, good preparation for the Giro.

i think the serious problem with his head is he knows all his good results have been with a little help and now he just cant pump out the power he used to.

beastie

Guru
A Tony Martin-powered OPQS take the opening TTT over Movistar, which puts Cav in the lead - Sky some way down, which considering they have both Froome and Wiggins in the squad must be disappointing.
Sky have flattered to deceive in quite a few TTT. Which is slightly surprising considering the team pursuit experience of some riders and staff.

Top Bottom