Titanium frame. Moving bike parts across

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Don't listen to the ol' fella.. he rides a toy bike...:whistle:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
As per Ian - probably one of the best purchases I have made and the people at Fatbirds were brilliant as they effectively brought back the parts that were being replaced with my specification. Here's mine with SRAM Apex...

sam_0146-jpg.57107.jpg

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
My bikes are constantly changing collections of components — new bars here, new wheel there, new frame occasionally.
Having broken the old fixed frame before the new one is ready, I have swapped the components to another old frame. When the shiny new one is built most of the components will move to that, though I'll need seatpin, headset, forks, and an extra bottle cage (cos the new frame takes 3).

OP
OP
afl2

afl2

Über Member
That's a good deal grab it, I bought a VN Chinook frame from Fat Birds last year, I asked what fork it came with and I think they said Colombus which had an alloy steerer tube, I opted to pay the extra for a full Carbon VN fork, I used some anti seize paste on the btm bracket, only problems I can see moving parts are if the tube set is a different dia will the FD & seat post fit,

View attachment 79364
Will have to look for my spec on the surly!!
Thanks for the heads up.

Origamist

Legendary Member
It should be straightforward to swop the components from the Surly over to the VN - assuming the frames are a similar size (if not, cabling can be a problem).

The only thing I'm not sure about is the brake calipers. I think the Pacer has medium reach calipers for better tyre/guard clearance and I think the VN will use short drop calipers.

Top Bottom