Tizwas kid or Swapshop kid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Swap Shop but occasionally visiting Tiswas when SS had something boring on.

Did anyone on here actually swap something on the show ? Noel Edmonds almost invented eBay there.

Sharky

Guru
Oh dear., making me feel old. Don't think my parents had a tv until I was 6 and then it only received BBC. Think we had to wait until 5pm for children's hour.
My children may know about these progs you are discussing.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Tiswas, obviously, a reflection of my preference in the Magpie/Blue Peter dichotomy, where I favoured the corvid-themed televisual presentation :okay:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Swap Shop.

Our region in ITV land - Tyne Tees- didn't carry Tiswas until its later series before it ended, so missed a lot of it. Wasn't it local to Brum for its first few years?.

There is some debate about who got a first with 70's Saturday morning kids telly with 3-hour long shows punctuated by cartoons etc. I think Tiswas started out a a series of links between other programmes, so wasn't really an entity in itself until later. Still, found it just too silly, with distracting OTT slapstick.

I watched Swap Shop from its inception but vaguely recall an earlier Saturday morning show which was 'introduced' by a computer & featured a weekly serial which was illustrated and was about an environmental catastrophe causing the world to freeze. I think it featured the cult newspaper strip character 'Garth'. The show also featured a weekly time-travel visit to the past to see different dinosaurs...that's all I can remember!!.

Of course, even way back...HR Pufnstuff??

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I watched both, usually by flicking back and forth during adverts / Cheggers and Maggie moments

I never watched Saturday Superstore though. I found Mike Reed too patronising

Top Bottom