To Buff or not to Buff....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mosschops2

Also - does anyone actually wear one in the summer??

In the winter - excellent - wouldn't be without one. (Except for the slightly unfit - phelgmy - fumes enhanced asthma when standing on the pedals up short hills - when I end up gasping for "uncovered" air!!!)

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I have a few - first found them in 2003 and bought one for walking in the hills in Slovenia in the heat of summer. Kept the sweat from my eyes and could be used as a handy neck-cover to prevent sunburn.

Here's the Buff site for those unfamiliar with said item.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
mosschops2 said:
Also - does anyone actually wear one in the summer??

In the winter - excellent - wouldn't be without one. (Except for the slightly unfit - phelgmy - fumes enhanced asthma when standing on the pedals up short hills - when I end up gasping for "uncovered" air!!!)

Yes - I wear mine under my helmet in the summer to stop the sweat running down into my eyes and blinding me !

In the winter, I wear two - one under the helmet to keep my head warm and one around my neck to stop the chilly winds getting in.

trio25

Über Member
Fantastic things, I often wear one in the summer to keep sweat out of my eyes. Always pack a couple when I go away.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
goo_mason said:
In the winter, I wear two - one under the helmet to keep my head warm and one around my neck to stop the chilly winds getting in.

Maybe you could try wear it over your mouth if you to keep flies out...

Hope you are feeling better.

Buff ? Wouldn't be seen dead in one of those poncey things !

But I have two Hedy's and one I bought from Aldi for £2.99 or something like.

Also excellent for running (head warm in Winter, sweat out of eyes and sun off bald patch in Summer)

Somebody has to ask, what is a Buff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would seem from the above, it's a widowed Tunbridge Wells colonel, skin pumiced and scraped 'til it shines, with a penchant for painting and decorating and riding stoker on the family tandem. Could be wrong though?

sjb

Mock not the Buff, brilliant things summer and winter for cycling, and my wife thinks I look cool in one (as opposed to looking uncool in 'the'.....)

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
My brother has one to keep his long girly hair out his face. He wore it when it was sunny and he had a forhead that was white, and a tanned rest of the face. He looked stupid.
I've thought about getting one to keep the sweat away from my face, but i need to find a cool colour.
Has anyone seen those things that go round your neck that you soak in water and its ment to keep you cool. I saw them in Millets when i did work experience. Its an Australian thing so i'm not sure how good it is.
I found this on Urban dictionary
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=buff
I put buff head gear in and got some strange results.

Melvil

Joe24 said:
My brother has one to keep his long girly hair out his face. He wore it when it was sunny and he had a forhead that was white, and a tanned rest of the face. He looked stupid.
I've thought about getting one to keep the sweat away from my face, but i need to find a cool colour.
Has anyone seen those things that go round your neck that you soak in water and its ment to keep you cool. I saw them in Millets when i did work experience. Its an Australian thing so i'm not sure how good it is.

That woman is not buff, man!!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Melvil;38419][quote=Joe24 said:

That woman is not buff, man!![/QUOTE]

Its a women ;)

Top Bottom