To expensive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazyfatgit

Have you tried making an offer? It's surprising what a polite enquiry can do.

If the seller says no, move on.

I tried selling a couple of bikes just because i wasn't riding them and thought i could make space in the shed and help fund new parts. Took months to sell one and i still have the other.

I don't need the money urgently and theres a point at which the bike is worth more to me as a backup than giving it away.

Jave some patience and a wee gem might pop up.
Good luck.

Sharky

Guru
Perhaps they dont really want to part with their beloved fixie. I had a mercian track frame for over 40 years and only let it go after much thought.

Still regret it tho.

Drago

Legendary Member
Why do people ask so much money for old frames?

Because dumb schmucks on ebay bump up the price, and therefore the prevailing market value, with their bidding. Worthless old tat is now worth a fortune, because idiots start placing bids with 8 days left to run on an auction. this seeps back into over sectors of what was previously the Worthless Old Crap market.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Because dumb schmucks on ebay bump up the price, and therefore the prevailing market value, with their bidding. Worthless old tat is now worth a fortune, because idiots start placing bids with 8 days left to run on an auction. this seeps back into over sectors of what was previously the Worthless Old Crap market.
But people are not bidding on the frames i am watching.

mustang1

Guru
World's gone mental. You should see what Ferrari are charging for 5 year old cars which aren't even limited edition models.

Having said that, I did buy a bike recently for £65. But there was a 2nd hand condor fratello from around 2012 up for £1200. But I should shut up and take it for a ride before I bamboozle the price .

You should just getnin there and low ball the buyer and see what kinda deal you can walk away with.

Top Bottom