To intro or not to intro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
As is the way with most telly viewing habits these days, I don't watch a lot of scheduled television.

Around 90% of the telly I watch is recorded shows or catch up stuff. Thing is, I've just realised that I've never watched the intro to Homeland, even though I am on the latest series (is that the third).

In fact I don't think I would recognise the intros to most of the shows I watch as I just zip through them.

The homeland intros are actually pretty good and help build up the drama.

So do you zip through or are the intros part of the show for you.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Spiral's on tonight. I'll watch the intro to remind me where it left off last week. It's a double episode show so I will probably be delving into the fridge while they're doing the story so far for the second one.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Definitely part of the show for me. I love the build up and excitement. I still remember the thrill of the Dr Who or A Team music when I was a kid, knowing something awesome was about to be shown. Same with the closing titles - I like to take a minute to think about what I've just seen and soak it up, especially if it's a cliffhanger or something. That's why I hate continuity announcers talking all over the end credits. Game of Thrones for instance, commission new ending music for each episode, and think really carefully about it, only for Sky to piss all over it with a stupid trailer for something else.

The intros being the bits from the last episode that you saw? Nope, skip through them. Skip through the adverts. Watched three episodes of SHIELD last night. 1 hour of broadcast TV each, 2 hours to watch all 3 skipping through them. Applies particularly to box sets.
Wife won't watch Downton Abbey live as the constant breaks for adverts really annoys her.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
The intros being the bits from the last episode that you saw? Nope, skip through them. Skip through the adverts. Watched three episodes of SHIELD last night. 1 hour of broadcast TV each, 2 hours to watch all 3 skipping through them. Applies particularly to box sets.
Wife won't watch Downton Abbey live as the constant breaks for adverts really annoys her.
Not so much the catch up but the graphics and titles....just checked the walking dead and they are quite dramatic too, I feel I've been missing out!

Levo-Lon

Guru
Yes and know with me..im doing all the Underbelly series atm, on the squizzy series but its not as good as the others..seems that series 4 is unavailable?
Walking dead is on my list with weeds and a few others as there free on prime
Homeland is a pay to watch so still waiting for it on prime..
nice thing about catch up and prime ,netflix is the adverts are missing..I do miss them Not
mad men has been good too, very dry sexist 50's wit but its pay for series 6 and 7..
annoying that I pay for tv licence, virgin and prime but they still want more...

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I haven't got a clue what you are all talking about. Am I missing something?

Top Bottom