To Tagalong...or not?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matthat

Über Member
Oh wow!! Thankyou so much everyone for your very useful replies. I just signed on on the off-chance I might have had 1 or 2 replies!!

Tdr... ha ha! That made me chuckle - my motorbike is in the garage and has been for about 3 years. Its amazing the toys you have to give up when kiddiwinks come along isn't it?! Mind you I did dust my leathers off the other day so who knows what might happen this summer.....And I know exactly what you mean about having an over enthusiastic pillion anticipating corners for you!!!

As far as the tagalong debate goes I think I'm now suitably scared off getting a trailgator to attach his existing bike. My boy is very tall and solid for his age and the thought of having his lump of lead bike leaning out along with his solid frame terrifies me!! My poor lightweight stumpjumper ain't gonna cope with that I don't think not to mention my out of condition frame!

On the other hand I do like the sound of the tagalong. The one thats caught my eye is an Adams aluminium 7 speed (it colour co-ordinates well with mine ;-) ) which seems reasonably priced for what you get. I like the sound of being able to go over more lumpy ground with a tagalong.

Ok well thanks for all your replies - tomorrows mission is to buy a tagalong. No doubt I'll be reporting from the nearest A&E tomorrow evening on whether you lot can be trusted or not!

Jet.
x
Well Jet the boy did well on Tagalong didn't he!! And A didn't do to bad either as they are both now very competent at riding there own bikes!! Just thought i'd reopen post so any newer readers see it and also I can say that the Tagalong has built confidence and strength for doing longer rides that your average under ten would want to do.

mark1974

i bought one a few weeks ago cost me 39.99 from rutland cycling i think that was delivery included.
my 4 year old would not get on it after a hour we was away its so much fun
really worth the money.
the stability is no problem little shaky sometimes but nothing to worry about.
this is one we got

Attachments

• bikes.jpg
    bikes.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 104

Ern

I've had this going for a while now my bike, then tag-along, then first trailer is an old 2 kid carrier converted to luggage hauler, and the second trailer is a garden trolley for if we go to the local boot fair as can haul more cuddly toys or kids games home, but I want to sort some sort of brakes for the rear trailers to make stopping a bit safer.

upload_2017-4-14_22-15-0.png

Top Bottom