To the Cyclechat Grumps: What brings you actual joy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
A distiller I knew described Laphroaig as being like old sweaty socks steeped in disinfectant. I think the taste has been toned down a bit now for a bigger market.
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...port-fiona-bruce-andy-mcconnell-a9264136.html

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Just chilling and enjoying time with Lovely Wife.

PS just to give the younger miseries hope for future happiness, we still have, despite our ages of 56 (her) and 63 (me), a heck of a lot of fun with the subject content of a previous post in this thread but are too :shy: to say what. ^_^

Happy New Year to you all from one of life's Grumps (although I'm working on not being one).

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Being outside.
Just spent 2 days at my parents house being stuffed with food. They have their heating on pensioner setting. The house is hotter than the surface of the sun.

Yes outside is a big part of it.

Being a reasonably bright bean, I worked out early on, that outside was where I was happiest :smile:.

OK, so its not where the best paid work is, but you get to be outdoors all week, whilst others get to be a bit miserable in offices.

And then, you get to be outside at the weekend too, if you like 👍

Yes and dancing to it, when in the mood.

Dancing in general even, might be doing a bit of that on the beach later on :okay:

One of life's smallest joys, but probably one of the best.

A really good cup of tea.

Oh yes... It's the only thing that gets one through the day if it's dull.

Even an 'adequate' cup of tea will do sometimes.
Walking naked on a sandy beach

Have to make do with pebbly beaches round our way.. But same applies.
The pebbles are flat enough to make it comfy enough for the feet.

Oh yes... It's the only thing that gets one through the day if it's dull.

Even an 'adequate' cup of tea will do sometimes.

I'll raise a :cuppa: to that.

The world would be a much grumpier place without tea.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Working outside is all well and good Mudsticks but when cutting kale for 60 plus cattle on a frosty morning or lifting turnips by hand for the same a nice cushy dry and warm office has a certain appeal. Been there done that.
Having said that I enjoyed my farming days generally.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Working outside is all well and good Mudsticks but when cutting kale for 60 plus cattle on a frosty morning or lifting turnips by hand for the same a nice cushy dry and warm office has a certain appeal. Been there done that.
Having said that I enjoyed my farming days generally.

Nope, memories of moving electric fences for strip grazing cattle on frosty mornings doesnt fill me with delight either.

I always expected to find my fingers fallen off inside my gloves, at the end of the job.

That's why I farm mostly veg, these days.. It only requires very early mornings on hot days to keep the harvest cool.

Yes there are a couple of weeks in February when I wonder what I'm doing out here.

But then I just go indoors and finally face the admin. :rolleyes:

A lot better than waking naked next to Sandy Toksvig.

Personally, I reckon that would be a proper laugh.

We could compare our Celia Johnson impressions :laugh:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Finishing a jigsaw. Especially like this one of Santorini, which was quite difficult. That brings joy 😊

Top Bottom