To the Cyclechat Grumps: What brings you actual joy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rocky

Hello decadence
The islands are amazing. Our annual fix of the Outer Hebs is never enough. North Uist has it's own Gin called Downpour, very similar to Ophir Gin and Barra have their own Gin which is really lovely. Cannot wait to return in May to see our friends in Uist.
6A80EA0E-F41C-4487-A451-45E23B5EBEE8.jpeg

Lochmaddy :wub:

Drago

Legendary Member
The islands are amazing. Our annual fix of the Outer Hebs is never enough. North Uist has it's own Gin called Downpour, very similar to Ophir Gin and Barra have their own Gin which is really lovely. Cannot wait to return in May to see our friends in Uist.
I'm a northern isles boy myself, although by an horrendous accident of birth (ie, me being nearly 3 weeks premature) I ended up being born in Kent instead of at home in Scalloway. That's just something else to be grumpy about.

Of course, when some Glaswegian prattles on about nationalism I switch into my home accent and trot out some Shetlandic to remind them who the real soft southerner is. That usually makes them grumpy too, and thus the universal balance is restored.

I'm back home in Voe for 4 days next week to check on my house and visit my Uncle, and we can grumble together over a few bottles of Laphroaig.

CharlesF

Guru
Doah! I forgot the best of happy-inducing:

Jasper, Alberta, Canada.

And anywhere in the surrounding area. It is heaven on earth, the garden of Eden and Camalot, but better, more spectacular and definitely more friendly.

My two cats, Poppy & Lexi.
Cooking and then eating a good meal.
Time spent drawing and painting.
Watching motorsports, whether live, canned or vids from 30 years ago...
My very special motorsport scrapbook.

Drago

Legendary Member
The best bit is occasionally waking up to see seals in the back garden. That is the aquatic animal, not the maritime special forces.

Of course, that means I can't let the dog out until they've cleared off, which gives me something to grumble about again :okay:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Therapy....
That's true. Grumpiness is a manifestation of the world passing you by and you no longer being central to it. Old bloke syndrome. Hence the target of grumpiness being people that are central to what's going on like YouTube millionaires, reality TV stars, James Corden, professional footballers etc
It's just a pity that grumpy people don't appreciate they make other people unhappy

Top Bottom