To the Cyclechat Grumps: What brings you actual joy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Carol Vorderman, nekked, covered in marmite, with a pint of Guinness balanced in her cleavage and a rolled up copy of Bass Player magazine perched in her bum crack. This would bring me great pleasure indeed, sufficient to stop me moaning about anything for several minutes.

OOooo yes - i do like marmite, and beer too - and even have a curious affection for maths as well :okay:

Sounds a bit of a sticky situation for poor Carol though :sad:

gavgav

Guru
Time spent with my Niece and Nephew. It’s free and always puts a smile on my face.

CharlesF

Guru
To start, when we were a little bit younger, we were friendly with an elderly couple up the road. They were founding members of the Grumpy Old Git Club.

Now when when either of us get too grumpy the other will say “You are exactly like Mr Douglas” which usually does the trick.

What makes me less grumpy?

Seeing and talking to our granddaughters

Talking to son and DIL

Having daughter spend Xmas with us

Buying stocking goodies for daughter’s ( age 30+) stocking

Stopping to talk to a dog, far more therapeutic than talking to a god

Realising that after 40+ years I still love my wife

Sun shine in Glasgow

An invigorating ride

Getting my new smart TV talking to my dumb analogically sound system

AND:
Reading positive articles about the young, they’re not all snowflakes, just we are not all grumpy old gits.

Mrs M

Guru
Cycling abroad, alone, toddling along the coast in the sun listening to my favourite music.
Stopping for a cold beer and a wee snack (usually involving chips) :blush:
Heading home as the sun sets, tired but happy.
Spending time with the two cats, watching them playing and their wee individual characters.
Drinking fizz, eating Toblerone
Tending to the plants and flowers in my garden and watching them grow.
Snuggling with my hubby :wub: :ohmy: (Get a room!)
Remembering how great my life is and how lucky I am, compared to when I was younger.
Having fun and being happy to laugh at myself :laugh:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
This gives me pleasure

View attachment 498320
But I’m not a grump.
You and @Hill Wimp both!

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Yes!! We were there in Nov. The Prof was doing some work on the islands. I was forced to accept a bottle from one of her work contacts and have fallen in love.
The islands are amazing. Our annual fix of the Outer Hebs is never enough. North Uist has it's own Gin called Downpour, very similar to Ophir Gin and Barra have their own Gin which is really lovely. Cannot wait to return in May to see our friends in Uist.

Top Bottom