To the cyclist who asked if I was ok...

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Armegatron, 16 Apr 2010.

1. Armegatron

Armegatron Active Member

I was hurling my guts out due to an awful smell! There is a new BioEthanol plant on the site where I work and its giving off some awful stench. Normally I can put up with it but it seems today its much worse than normal. Had to cover my nose + mouth for the rest of the way :wacko:

2. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Get a CycleChat buff.....

3. arallsopp

arallsopp Post of The Year 2009 winner

LOL. Ever thought of training to be a nurse Ian? Your bedside manner is inspiringly pragmatic. :smile:

4. Its such a shame us cyclist get such bad press (most of the time) I have Honestly not found a more condiderate road user than the common-or-garder Cyclist...on the whole that are always happy to stop and offer help (even at their own huge inconveninece) to all types of road user.

Whenever I have any sort of "road" problem , it always seems to be a cyclist that stops to help.

Thanks for sharing

5. Is that so the hurled matter is, ermm, contained and..........no, let's not go there!!!!!
    Never had to upchuck whilst cycling, felt like it a couple of times though :ohmy:

6. OP
    OP
    Armegatron

Armegatron Active Member

Thanks for the buff idea. I have one at home (not a cyclechat one :o) so Ill be using that for next weeks commutes or at least having it in the bag just incase. The company concerned are working on solving it but I really feel sorry for the locals.

7. viniga

viniga Über Member

During the recent 'big freeze' I stopped to help push a car up a hill. Took ages. As I waved the guy off and turned round I was met by the sight of a queue of cars at the bottom waiting for a push! :ohmy: Not one driver got out to help. I could have made some money that night... instead I got back on my bike and went home.

8. Scoosh

Scoosh Velocouchiste Moderator

The advantage of having cleats on your shoes too - grip on the ice :ohmy:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice