ToC Stage 6 (Spoiler)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Again it seems like another good race with Liephiemer sitting in a secure place to keep the yellow jersey. It was good to Cippo near the front and ready to challenge the sprint but with him and three of his team crashing this looks less likely now. I hope David Millar is also near the front and can at least keep the second place on GC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Now on the last lap of the curcuit and David Millar launches an attack, I hope he can make it stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Quickstep and Astana combine to bring him back and succeed, still it was a fine effort. Looks as if Cavendish just got it on the line so the Brits are making their presence felt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mondobongo

Über Member
Looked like another good days racing, Millar managed to nick 10 seconds off Leipheimer in GC is only 49 seconds back now, all out attack from Slipstream tomorrow maybe?

Shame about Cav apparently Mechanic was adjusting his mechs after a bike swap and they objected to the team car doing 60k with him holding on its not gone down well and Levi's Law from last year may well come back to haunt them. How neutralising results would give Cav the stage win I dont know.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Mondobongo - I agree. It was quite clear that Cavendish was penalised where Levi was allowed to get away with it. Technically it was right that he was disqualified, but his win was still pretty impressive coming from the back... he'll have a good season, I think.

And Slipstream will go for it big time tomorrow...

softpeadals

Levi didn't get away with hanging onto a car in order to get back to the peloton and subsequently cross the line first .He actually finished 37th, but the rules were altered regarding the 3km rule, which states that riders involved in a crash within the final 3km would be awarded the same time as the winner of the stage.
Levi was involved in a crash and along with many others lost considerable time, the Commissaires then decided to extent the 3km rule to 10kms thereby ensuring he kept the leaders jersey.

Top Bottom