Today I joined the ranks of the camera warriors...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Has your behaviour turned over night? Into a saint or someone seeking out conflict!;)

I'm sometimes tempted by them but actually viewing them makes me feel sick, don't know why a sort of motion sickness, depends on where they are mounted and how much they bob up and down. So I would only ever look at them if something really bad occurred, not for minor things the sort that are forgotten a couple of roads later.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Has your behaviour turned over night? Into a saint or someone seeking out conflict!;)

I'm sometimes tempted by them but actually viewing them makes me feel sick, don't know why a sort of motion sickness, depends on where they are mounted and how much they bob up and down. So I would only ever look at them if something really bad occurred, not for minor things the sort that are forgotten a couple of roads later.

Nope, I can't honestly say it modified my behavior, except that I rode it a little more gently as the mount kept slipping on every bump! (now sorted with the aid of some sandpaper)
I did have a go with one before, but it wasn't much cop and I quickly got bored with keep charging the thing and deleting all the video. And I strongly suspect this one will go the same way!
I must admit though, I did feel a little bit of the "do you feel lucky punk, well, do you?" mentality creeping in last time I used one for some odd reason, but not this morning.

I also hope you don't have any nasty situations to report but you can also post interesting happenings (not including cars) that could be of interest on the Forum.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did put up a brief video before of my old commute, carving through the North downs, middle of nowhere, birds singing and frost on the ground :smile:
Sadly my new commute is far less scenic, but there might be some nice early morning views over the marshes in the Summer

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Out of interest, with a 32g micro sd card, how long can you record on a go-pro ?

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea! this link would suggest 4-8 Hours.
Mine isn't a go-pro, but will have similar image sizes. I know that when I looked into it, one 32GB card would exceed the capacity of 2 batteries (about 3 Hours) so I didn't need to research it any further than that.

Sara_H

Guru
I noticed when I got my go-pro lookiy-likey that taxi drivers behaved better, but there were a couple of youths that gave me a bit of grief on account of it once or twice.
When my go pro went kaput I got a bullet style one, that looks like a light. Thats not working either now! As the old saying goes - buy cheap, buy twice (or three times in my case).
The fly6 I bught is fab. Will geta front facing one eventually.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Right.. here's a phrase you need... so get practicing

"YOU ARE ON CAMWA!"

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
More importantly; have you washed your bike yet? :okay:

Er... Well... It did rain hard on the way home on Friday, if that counts?

I must admit, it's almost at the point where it probably would benefit from a quick wipe down. The front mech might even start working again!

IMAG1300_zpsobbi61tx.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom