1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by SamNichols, 5 Dec 2007.

1. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

Due to some family issues, I am currently at home.
    Anyway, to cut to the long and the short of it: today I was searched by the police under the terrorism act (it's not the first time, by the way, it's the second). Anyway at first I was bemused as I witnessed, for no apparent reason, a police officer rummaging through my undies and toiletries. Then, as the train wandered from Manchester to Watford, I started to feel a bit strange.
    Firstly: what is the efficacy of the system? It's basically a more formal equivalent of yelling: 'is anyone a terrorist?'
    Secondly: what would they do if they actually found a bomb? It's not as if two random members of the British Transport Police are particularly well qualified to take down a terrorist.

It just strikes me as really pointless.
    On the plus side:
    1) I now have a pink slip to suggest that I am, at least at the moment, not a terrorist.
    2) On the slip it lists my build as 'slim'. Checked at home and I've lost over a stone over the last 2 months. Woo.

2. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

Was the pink slip not placed back in with your other under-wear then?

3. Lord of the Teapot

Ohh! Sorry to hear you had some family issues. Hope if there not already, they'll be soon sorted out OK :smile:

4. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

It's well known that terrorists don't wear pink slips.

5. pzycoman

pzycoman New Member

I always ask police that when I get stopped and searched. They always say theyd run first, then ask for backup.

6. i remember seeing the "transport police" checking cars around the Waterloo area when Queenie was taking a Eurostar a few years back. i got the distinct impression they weren't transport police in the usual sense. they all looked very fit - in a "i can survive in a jungle for years armed only with a toothpick" way.

glad you survived.... you could model the slip for the CC calendar.

7. OP
    OP
    SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

Bloody hell, you lot can get innuendo from anywhere (must remember to say receipt next time).

8. What's innuendo? - Ah, a slip of the thong...

Hope all is ok Sam

9. Lord of the Teapot

Receipt, a new bra from Playtex?

10. abchandler

abchandler Senior Member

That would be Rechest, surely

11. Landslide

Landslide Rare Migrant

Is that akin to the only people who have certificates to prove that they're sane are the ones who've been talked to by the nice men in white coats?

12. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

I have wondered as to the sex of your avatar, I thought this thread sorted things out, but now I'm more confused than ever.:smile:

13. graham56

graham56 Veteran

So will you be crossing the pink slip off your "what i want for Christmas" list? :smile:

14. OP
    OP
    SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

What is it with this ruddy forum and everything thinking that I am a girl? I have had this several times: I am girly, but I am not a girl, ok?

15. ok