Today's good deed done :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
Cycling home on my daily commute when across the road i see a young boy (about 7 or 8) drop his bike and roll about on the grass next to the path crying, decided to make sure he was ok, crying his eyes out he said i've fallen off and hurt his side and wrist, finally he asked if i would take him home to make sure he got there ok (only 200 yards away) and his mum was very greatful and couldnt thank me enough, which made it all seem a bit more worth it :laugh:

I know its a rubbish story but its not something i would usually do, a motorist saw what happened also and she circled round to make sure he was ok, she got nothing but beeps and abuse from other motorists as she done this, some people just dont give a toss about others :cursing:

A good Samaritan
Spot on

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
1311792525915.gif

caimg

Über Member
Cycling home on my daily commute when across the road i see a young boy (about 7 or 8) drop his bike and roll about on the grass next to the path crying, decided to make sure he was ok, crying his eyes out he said i've fallen off and hurt his side and wrist, finally he asked if i would take him home to make sure he got there ok (only 200 yards away) and his mum was very greatful and couldnt thank me enough, which made it all seem a bit more worth it :laugh:

I know its a rubbish story but its not something i would usually do, a motorist saw what happened also and she circled round to make sure he was ok, she got nothing but beeps and abuse from other motorists as she done this, some people just dont give a toss about others :cursing:

Good for you matey, nice to hear.

There's just something about humans when they get into a car; they become irrepressibly impatient and ill-tempered. Very strange!

defy-one

Good for you matey, nice to hear.

There's just something about humans when they get into a car; they become irrepressibly impatient and ill-tempered. Very strange!

No No , we are far worse than that!!!!!
What utter rubbish!!!

Sent by iPhone using Tapatalk

caimg

Über Member
No No , we are far worse than that!!!!!
What utter rubbish!!!

Sent by iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn't really a dig, just an observation! Even lovely, well-tempered mates of mine become impatient and easily provoked when they're driving. Seems to really wind some people up if they're delayed by even a tiny amount of time.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
It wasn't really a dig, just an observation! Even lovely, well-tempered mates of mine become impatient and easily provoked when they're driving. Seems to really wind some people up if they're delayed by even a tiny amount of time.

I think your right, even when i get in a car i hate being held up but if the same thing happened on the bike i most likely wouldnt bat an eye :hyper:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Felt good about myself having given a couple of Brompton riders a draft last week. Seems small fry in comparison to your good works. Must try harder!

deanE

.... a motorist saw what happened also and she circled round to make sure he was ok,
She could have been making sure that the lad was ok, with you about. Unfortunately, I hesitate from going to the aid of any youngster as this can be misunderstood. But good for you.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
She could have been making sure that the lad was ok, with you about. Unfortunately, I hesitate from going to the aid of any youngster as this can be misunderstood. But good for you.

Well i seen her looking at him as she drove past the first time and by the time she got there i was there and she was just making sure he was ok but people behind her didnt see it that way :cursing:

Like i say its not usually something i would usually do especially when its little ones involved :ohmy:

Top Bottom