Todays good deed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Was shopping at Tesco this afternoon, and as I was walking back to the car I heard the unmistakeable crunch of metal v metal. I saw the cause had been an old fellow trying to drive into a parking space had made a right mess of it, and the front nearside of his car was embedded in the side of a parked Ford Fiesta. Not just your normal car park ding; the Fiesta was dented and badly scraped along its wing and passenger side door. I then watched as the old boy reversed away, parked in another part of the car park, and then walked towards the shop as if nothing had happened!

Now if that had happened to my car I would have been less than happy when I found it, and if someone had witnessed it and ignored it, I would have wondered about their sense of public duty. So I approached the old guy and asked him if he knew what he had just done. He tried to act surprised but obviously knew what he had done. We went to security in the shop and got the owner of the Fiesta to come to the front door. Turns out they knew each other! So all was sorted. But I have no doubt that if I hadn't intervened then the old bloke would have gone home without reporting it, and the poor Fiesta owner would have been left with an expensive repair.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Good on you. Tempting to leave a note on the damaged car saying whodunnit (presumably his car was also damaged?) and letting him be in deeper water for not owning up, but then there' the risk of the old guy coming back first, seeing the note and removing it, and you're back to square one.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well done. My SIL came out of a local leasure centre after her teaching, to find the side of her car bashed. The bugger had driven off

Night Train

Maker of Things
Good on you. Tempting to leave a note on the damaged car saying whodunnit (presumably his car was also damaged?) and letting him be in deeper water for not owning up, but then there' the risk of the old guy coming back first, seeing the note and removing it, and you're back to square one.
I'd be tempted to photograph and video the scene and then offer myself as a witness, with photos and video of the old chap driving off, he won't be in a good position to argue.

At least with the OP, it was all sorted in the end.

gbb

Legendary Member
Fair play to you, anyone would be absolutely gutted to return to their car like that.

Sometimes, an attempt at a good deed leaves you thinking...'WTF was all that about ?'
Driving to work this morning. Just left the outskirts of the city and entering intp the dark, unlit countryside. 1/4 mile down the pitch black road, i saw a woman at the side of the road waving her arms about,,,:huh:
A car was behind me so i couldnt easily stop, but i couldnt help think she was perhaps in trouble. Drove a short way until i could stop safely, turned round and went back. I had visions of a car in the ditch or something. I pulled up, wound down my window and asked if everything was ok....as a fella put his head to the window and said
'yeah, its cool mate'.
'Oh, ok, i thought you were flagging someone down ?'
'No, its cool, thanks'.

Oh, :wacko: As i drove away, he was wearing what was either a short skirt, or had shorts on with his jumper wrapped round his waist. Either way, his legs looked like a womans...wierd.

Top Bottom