Today's little victory

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
In these darkened times what have you done, or had happen to you, to make you smile today?

I was sent out shopping this afternoon, Aldi and Asda both had massive queues so I ended up at Lidl.

Wait for it, they do Walker's not in sixes, but packs of eight!

View attachment 512650
Did they have Marmite flavour? If so, could that be considered an essential shopping requirement? :rolleyes:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Which ones?
Jet black R1 training rollers. A neighbour has some as says they are “ok for the cost of them” and will “see me right through the current crisis”. Team GB standard, they are not but I can’t afford a £500 set.

I read some reviews and they all said that they were rigid and stable in the frame and rollers were quite quiet. Not desperately cheap tat ^_^

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
That was my thinking too. Lidl shuts at 22:00 Mon-Sat so I cycled down there one evening at 21:30 only to find it shut - they are closing at 20:00 for the duration of the pandemic!
I went to Aldi 0800 last Monday. No real queue and plenty of stock.
May well be different now though.

classic33

Leg End Member

Attachments

• IMG_20200228_173921.jpg
    IMG_20200228_173921.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1
D

Deleted member 26715

On passing I saw the local coop that was open till 11pm is doing the same.
Think it's pretty standard, less open time, less staff in case they come down with something or isolating, not sure if they are still receiving goods 24/7

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Jet black R1 training rollers. A neighbour has some as says they are “ok for the cost of them” and will “see me right through the current crisis”. Team GB standard, they are not but I can’t afford a £500 set.

I read some reviews and they all said that they were rigid and stable in the frame and rollers were quite quiet. Not desperately cheap tat ^_^
Look good!
I bought Tacx Galaxia, my first rollers and I hope the claims for parabolic rollers being a little easier are true!
We can compare injuries next week
:ohmy:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Look good!
I bought Tacx Galaxia, my first rollers and I hope the claims for parabolic rollers being a little easier are true!
We can compare injuries next week
:ohmy:
The vendor emailed and cancelled the order. He had over 20 left when I placed it. Now need to look around again for some. They all seem to be in China or Hong Kong at the moment and I wanted to get some from a UK distributor really. Mostly as I don't want until the end of May for delivery. Heigh ho.

Cycled to Morrisons for the weekly shop at 08:00. Everyone was sensibly spaced, the staff were super friendly and efficient, bought everything I needed plus a few packs of falafel mix for quick lunch snacks.

I think that shopping first thing is a bit safer, the shelves are freshly stocked, the cleaning crew have just done their rounds, the shoppers are early birds not lazy bastards or sociopaths who lick packets.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Not sure about a victory but we had a free food issue which I missed as I am not glued to Facebook. This was supposed to be shared equally in the community but since I got zilch I was not too happy and made my feelings known. I got a box handed in with lots of tomatoes which are not good for gastric reflux but I can feed them into soup and freeze this. Also more bananas than I could possibly eat before they go too soft. This is stuff nobody else wanted so I ended up with it.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The vendor emailed and cancelled the order. He had over 20 left when I placed it. Now need to look around again for some. They all seem to be in China or Hong Kong at the moment and I wanted to get some from a UK distributor really. Mostly as I don't want until the end of May for delivery. Heigh ho.
:-(

Top Bottom