Todays ride without snow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...so where is all the snow???? It was bloody freezing and the wind was a killer but no snow! I was looking forward to it as well. Oh..yeah and where is everybody? Just me and two old dears with baskets and head scarves out today...where are all the hard as nails roadies???:8::biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
We got a little,as if you dust a cake with icing sugar little,but then we rarely get snow,something to do with our being in a valley ?

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Disappointing isn't it. I like a bit'o'snow. I can get up late, ride in to work in the same amount of time as usual and blame the weather for my late arrival.

If there's anyone in the office to witness it.

Was cold, for sure. I wore my windproof and put a vest on. Toasty except the feet. Hardly anyone seems to've gone back to work yet, much less traffic about.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Some of our club members were out MTBing on a local fell last night. They came back frozen, filthy and sporting various injuries. I'm going skiing in 6 weeks so I stayed in the pub, nice and safe.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just been out - saw 2 other roadies (us Cheshire/Derbyshire lot are 'ard) - blooming cold/windy - I was toasty, but my exposed chin/eyebrows/cheeks were permafrost by the time I got back.... hot shower sorted that out.

Had a few snow flurries, but it's not sticking - roads nice and dry for once.

No commuting until the 7th though :8:

walker

Bigtallfatbloke said:
...so where is all the snow???? It was bloody freezing and the wind was a killer but no snow! I was looking forward to it as well. Oh..yeah and where is everybody? Just me and two old dears with baskets and head scarves out today...where are all the hard as nails roadies???:8::biggrin:

At work maybe??? :biggrin:

went out with my son on his first 50 miler and expected to be sliding all over the place . we had a couple of light snow showers but that was all.
we weren't meant to get much in lanacshire but i'd expected more.
very cold though.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Didn't see a single snow flake but my ears were freezing by the time I got to work. Off up North tomorrow so perhaps I will have more chance up there.

Blue

Legendary Member
Just in from a 40 miler. No snow, but like others cold and windy.

Enjoying my tea and toast at the mo - so don't care if it snows now!!

mondobongo

Über Member
Just thawing out from my ride, jeez it was cold and windy out in the sticks swear I could feel it jump a degree or 2 as I got back into the built up area.

ash68

snow up here in northumberland this morning, but riding in was ok, wasn't slippy at all. There was some heavy showers during the day, not much lying on the roads, but very icy in places coming home tonight. Pleased to get home in one piece.:becool: I'll see what it's like in the morning, may have to chicken out and take the car if it's too slippy:sad:

bonj2

yorkshiregoth said:
Didn't see a single snow flake but my ears were freezing by the time I got to work. Off up North tomorrow so perhaps I will have more chance up there.

what, you commute WITHOUT an ear warmer? :smile: :becool:

Plax

Guru
No snow up North Wales. Was very windy though. I was going to cycle in but the wind was still howling round the house so stayed in bed for an extra 3/4 hr. I can cope with rain, but 40+ mph gusts of wind puts me off. Poor neighbours little girl's Wendy House was relocated! At least it didn't end up on my car. I've found pieces of garden fence and all sorts in my garden before now (free firewood!).

Top Bottom