Today's weather will mostly be..........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lardarse rider

.................Grey.

On days like this, everything seems heavier than it normally is - my legs, my heart, my soul and even the light. There must be some scientific explanation for it but, life seems that little bit duller and less exciting.

Thank Christ it is Friday and I am finishing early to get out into the darkened wilderness on my bike and then going for a curry tonight. Frickin Brilliant.

Sod the weather, let's rock:biggrin:

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Amen to that :blush:

Big Bren

Ever heard of Seasonal Affective Disorder?

SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) is a type of winter depression that affects an estimated half a million people every Winter between September and April, in particular during December, January and February.

It is caused by a biochemical imbalance in the hypothalamus due to the shortening of daylight hours and the lack of sunlight in winter.

For many people SAD is a seriously disabling illness, preventing them from functioning normally without continuous medical treatment.

For others, it is a mild but debilitating condition causing discomfort but not severe suffering. We call this subsyndromal SAD or 'winter blues.'

Bren

Bigtallfatbloke

There is a lot to be said for that SAD thing....I notice a marked downturn in my moods when the sun goes away. I am seriously thinking of getting one of those daylight immitator lights for this room.

BUT ...I hav ebought a good bike, and all the wet weather gear wiggle have on offer so I dont have ANY EXCUSES anymore...fat be gone you aint gonna kill me anymore!:blush:

betty swollocks

large member
It's quite warm where I am in West Berkshire. I've got all the windows, including the french windows open.
Not even the suggestion of any sun though.
Just makes the pleasures of being outside on your bike a little harder to find.

Top Bottom