Todmorden Loops

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Svendo

Guru
There are also road works on Todmorden Hill, which Dog House Lane goes up on the start of one loop. I went up or down all the roads on the Hill last week on a Tuesday and even though they all had road closed signs they were all passable. There are 4 and a half passable road bike routes up if you include Pexwood Road-Stones Road-Stones Lane (with a slight bridle way bit in the middle). There were fresh patches of tarmac on Dog House Lane and they were half way through replacing the cattle grid outside the Country Friend Pub at the top, where you go straight on (although the directions describe it as a right turn). Other than having to use the gate then there were no actual obstructions. I'm at work but have a good ride!

Beaker39

Don't know if anyone on here did this but wondered how it compares to others? Reason being I did this yesterday and it nearly killed me especially the very first hill that touched 20% and was at least 1 mile long with cold legs. Then for the next 70 miles it didn't get any easier. I think the Garmins in our little group measured just under 9000ft of climbing at the finish.

Everything still hurts, but apparently it is character building however the didn't specify what type of character it was building.

trio25

Über Member
Probably the hardest Audax I've done as far as hills go! I was glad I had rode their so had warm legs for the first hill.

Strangely enjoyable though!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Don't know if anyone on here did this but wondered how it compares to others? Reason being I did this yesterday and it nearly killed me especially the very first hill that touched 20% and was at least 1 mile long with cold legs. Then for the next 70 miles it didn't get any easier. I think the Garmins in our little group measured just under 9000ft of climbing at the finish.

Everything still hurts, but apparently it is character building however the didn't specify what type of character it was building.
It's the kind of thing I did round here when I was fit, and it's the kind of thing that I don't do anywhere now I'm not! ;)

Actually, I do about 1 loop's worth at a time these days. I have done all of that route before at different times except for the first climb at the back of the station.

Yes, they are some tough little beauties there!

OvertheHill

Über Member
Probably the hardest Audax I've done as far as hills go! I was glad I had rode their so had warm legs for the first hill.

Strangely enjoyable though!

Was that you we were chatting to at the end (the North Cheshire Clarion guys)? If so it's probably my blog you read. And then did you ride back up over the top towards Bacup!!!? Total respect!

trio25

Über Member
Yes it was me, I didn't read your blog but have just added it to my RSS reader.

Yes I did ride home via Bacup, didn't fancy the busy roads through Rochdale....

Top Bottom