Toe nearly dipped in the fixed pool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Well I'm about to go ahead and order a Specialized Langster through the ride to work scheme,is this a good choice ? I got gears on the road and mountain bikes but from what I've read,fixed sounds fun !

The Langster is a nice bike and was on my shortlist. Enjoy it.

aserota

Über Member
Langster is a great bike IMO. I switch between an 08 Langster and 09 Allez for my commutes. The weight difference is large and I much prefer riding the Langster (always fixed).

Just take the bike out off roading (well more through the park and small trails). Ride is comfortable and solid even when tyres are 100psi and on mud!

IMG_5315.jpg

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
raceguards? Not very easy fitting full guards, I use crud roadracer guards on mine during winter.

RedBike

I think the Langster comes single speed?
although it wont take you two seconds to fit a track sprocket / lockring to the other side of the wheel.

djb1971

Legendary Member
My Langster came fixed 42*16 with a shimano freewheel 16 on the other side.

I was speaking to someone in Brian Rourkes last week and they said that all bikes have to sold a ss now not fixed. Anyone else heard this?

RedBike

djb1971 said:
My Langster came fixed 42*16 with a shimano freewheel 16 on the other side.

I was speaking to someone in Brian Rourkes last week and they said that all bikes have to sold a ss now not fixed. Anyone else heard this?

That would make a lot of sense though as all the main manufactures seem to sell their fixed wheeled bike as a single speed.

djb1971

Legendary Member
RedBike said:
That would make a lot of sense though as all the main manufactures seem to sell their fixed wheeled bike as a single speed.

It would make sense.

Look at how dodgy you and I are on fixed ;):biggrin:

redjedi

Über Member
Evans have just called me to say they have the bike I asked to try in stock. I'm having a look at the Ridgeback Solo, my first fixed.
It comes with 48-18 freewheel setup, and I'll need to pluck up a bit of courage before I take to the streets fixed.

I've got a couple of cracked ribs at the moment so perhaps not the best time to decide if a bike is comfortable. I'll just have to knock back a handful of pain killers a few hours before I get there :biggrin:

Top Bottom