Toe overlapped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I'm not sure its an issue unless you are riding a fixed.

Just freewheel out of it.

I've had toe overlap on a fixed and it hasn't be a problem, I've short cranks on my fixed Pearson and theres just a little bit of overlap, I could use a shorter toeclip or reposition the mudguard and cure it but it doesn't cause any problems. I've had it on other bikes as well and its not caused any problems.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I've had toe overlap on a fixed and it hasn't be a problem, I've short cranks on my fixed Pearson and theres just a little bit of overlap, I could use a shorter toeclip or reposition the mudguard and cure it but it doesn't cause any problems. I've had it on other bikes as well and its not caused any problems.
Out of interest, which pearson are you riding...ali or steel?

D

Deleted member 1258

Ever ridden the steel?, i'm interested in how they compare.

Kind of in the market at the mo.

Never ridden the steel, the last steel fixed I rode was a home brewed fixed I built on a Pollard frame in the late 1980's.

pollard 3.jpeg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My Bike has toe overlap, and I was a bit concerned at first. However I found that if I'm going slow enough for the front wheel to turn sufficiently to interfere with a 3 o'clock toe, I usually have a foot unclipped or I'd fall over. It only happens if turning round in very tight spaces, when one normally goes all Swan out of water and fluffs it up anyway! At any actual speed the 'steering' is really all about balance, and turning is done by leaning.
I have had a problem with toe overlap on this steep climb, which you will know well! I've often have to zigzag on that to make it up without putting a foot down ...

thursden_climb_large.jpg

I climbed it into a nasty headwind once when I was wearing a heart rate monitor and I hit my highest ever recorded rate - 198 bpm! I'd have gone for 200 but I was already redlining and seeing stars so I didn't want to/wasn't able to try any harder! :laugh:

Davidc

Guru
I've had it in the past. Prefer not to but it's never been a real problem. I get about 2mm clearance (toe to mudguard) on my current tourer, on its predecessor I had about 5mm overlap. Can't say I really notice the difference.

If it bothers you you could try shorter cranks.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I have had a problem with toe overlap on this steep climb, which you will know well! I've often have to zigzag on that to make it up without putting a foot down ...

thursden_climb_large.jpg

I climbed it into a nasty headwind once when I was wearing a heart rate monitor and I hit my highest ever recorded rate - 198 bpm! I'd have gone for 200 but I was already redlining and seeing stars so I didn't want to/wasn't able to try any harder! :laugh:

Hardcore! Where is that?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hardcore! Where is that?
It's here on the road between Colne and Slack (on the way to Hebden Bridge) just before you descend to Widdop Reservoir. The road in the foreground is very steep, then there is a short descent and it kicks back up as you can see in the distance.

If you are fit, it is a manageable challenge, but it has tortured me every time for my past 5 or 6 unfit years! :wacko:

Hip Priest

Veteran
It's here on the road between Colne and Slack (on the way to Hebden Bridge) just before you descend to Widdop Reservoir. The road in the foreground is very steep, then there is a short descent and it kicks back up as you can see in the distance.

If you are fit, it is a manageable challenge, but it has tortured me every time for my past 5 or 6 unfit years! :wacko:

Cheers. I think I've mentioned before that I've got a relative in Trawden. I must take my bike there and try some of these Pendle hills!

cyclingsheep

I have toe overlap on one bike but not the other, have to remember that when doing a trackstand as it can have you falling sideways if I forget which one I'm on

Top Bottom