Told a cyclist off tonight...........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Approaching a set of lights on the A6 southbound, just before Stockport (Reddish Lidl junction).....

Notice a cyclist scoot over the crossing on the A6, as the lights were on red, then proceeds to ride across the junction, and down the A6....

This is a nasty 4 lane road at the best of times....

On the back.....a child seat with child..FFS.........

Next second, her light bounces off, she stops, leans the bike/kid against the ped rails (bike still on road) then hops back....

Lights now change - 10 seconds later, I roll off and slowly approach and with a soft voice....."excuse me....don't jump lights with a kid on the bike, flipping heck" - she looks, and I rolled on my way.... (and I did say flipping heck BTW)........

Darwin award that one.... poor kid........ and crap lights too.......:rolleyes:

Crankarm

Guru
:rolleyes: Why is she a Darwin Award candidate? She had a kid. It is my understanding that Darwin Awards are for people who do stupid things and kill themselves before they have had the chance to add their genes to the population. I suppose if both she and her kid were killed that might qualify her.

Still :biggrin: her casual attitude to road safety. Was she or her nipper wearing a helmet?

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Never mind... her attitude, she'll not have her and nipper long..... that's why I softly approached it..... helmets...what ever..........:biggrin:

Totally shockingly stupid behaviour...that's all.............

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I feel like talking to cyclists who have lights with little battery in, but in the end i know it's waisted breath.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
couldn't be fagged with having a go at a lightless ninja pootling along the pavement beside me tonight.

He ignored the junctions and Lights I stopped at and then kept pace with me once I caught him up again.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
fossyant said:
Well, I don't normally bother, but with a kid on a bike.......dark, rain, main road..... sorry.......

not having a go, I think you were bang on, especially wth a child on the bike, but you just know with some of them they only ride a bike to stop their knuckles dragging along the ground when they walk.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

I have two young kids...they expect me to come home each night.... yes I look like santa's sleigh.......(haven't beat the shops to it though....)..... but should it all go wrong....it's not me...that had no common scene............

Unfortunately....I know how to get knocked off a bike..so far....fingers crossed/touch wood...etc....:biggrin:

Can't say how bad that lady's move made me shudder tonight...... :laugh:....

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Some people have no concept of the damage a one tonne car can do to them let alone a child. It may take a responsible rider pointing it out to them to make them think in future. Hopefully it will make her think about her kid as well. The A6 around Stockport is a nightmare.

chap

Veteran
Use reelights

gaz said:
I feel like talking to cyclists who have lights with little battery in, but in the end i know it's waisted breath.

If leisure bikes issued their cycles with those magnetic lights (e.g. reelights) as standard, the country would be in a much better state. People generally take the path of least exertion whether it be in transport, bike lights, and just about everything else. I'm sure if you had to buy your own seatbelts (and they didn't come as standard) we would be a nation of Superbrits (and not because of our super powers - unless smashing windscreens with ones head is a commendable skill).

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Cranky and chap...do one...............

This was a real life ride...doh'

I am hard core enough.. I'd give my own family a good ass kick......they've had the back end of me getting wiped out...........

Top Bottom