Tomatoes: Really poor season!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
3 August 2014

1629307134920.png

today
today.jpg

midlife

Guru
It's our potatoes that have been poor plus lots of stuff have bolted.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Mine have started in with blight already , even in the polytunnel.

Too dull and humid, at all the wrong times.

Some years just end up like that :sad:

OldShep

Über Member
I’ve given up with tomatoes. My first year was tremendous and every subsequent year just a lot of work for little reward.
Fruit in general seems to have suffered this year although we did have forever of strawberries. . I usually get 10-12 jars of raspberry jam from my local hedgerows this year I’ve had none. Also the Brambles aren’t looking too promising either.
Ive grown shallots rather than onions this year. They aren’t big but at least they’ve multiplied. Put the fork under them last night and will lift them Friday before the forecast rain.

midlife

Guru
My shallots grew but quite small and really eye-watering when you chop them. Elephant garlic about the size of a marble!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
we have picked a handful of ripe ones before today but OH came in to present about 10 nice red ones to me earlier, picked this very afternoon. Had a cpl on top of a pizza just now :hungry:

this is our first summer in this place and with a greenhouse so still learning but I think it was so chilly this spring and has been quite a poor summer, everything is very behind.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I thought it was a bad year for allotment produce, but I've returned from a week away to an inevitable glut of enormous courgettes.

Looks like a bumper crop of sloes in the hedgerows.

Gin and Ratatoille time.

Top Bottom