Tomorrow it begins...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dee.jay

Network Ninja
All prepared to go for the first commute week tomorrow. (I work shifts - first day in tomorrow) and got next weekend to practice when it's quiet too. Bring it on. 6 mile each way by cycle path so am looking forward to getting my pedal down and the weight off.

I always joked it would be too far to cycle. How wrong I was and I'm glad to be enlightened.

ScotiaLass

Guru
You can do it!

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
I started out doing 6 miles each way then a new job bumped it up to nearer 15. As said perceiver, once your used to it its easy and enjoyable. Like you i also work shifts so theres little routine, pack your bag/panniers the day before and check your bike the day/night before, I've occasionally got up at 5 in the morning to a flat tyre and got to work forgetting my socks or boxers :shy:

OP
OP
dee.jay

dee.jay

Network Ninja
Strava route builder is addictive for thinking up longer routes. Already got longer ones I'll try when I'm more used to it.

Been commuting by car to places since 2003. Tomorrow will be a big change. Though to be fair I have had 90 mile a day commutes in the past. Only the last few years have I been so close to my job.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
6 miles is a nice commute. As others have said you can extend it when you fancy, but it's not so far on those days when you're in a hurry or just don't fancy a long ride.

OP
OP
dee.jay

dee.jay

Network Ninja
Hahah 2nd day commuting today. It was a bit "moist" out :smile: But enjoyed it all the same, and knocked a few minutes off my time from yesterday though I did come purely by road and not cycle path - some of the cycle path has some wooden bridge on it - didnt fancy that. That and it was very dark and wet down there - think I would have been off.

Top Bottom