Tomorrow's climbs..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamesM

CotterPin said:
I was on holiday in the Pyrenees a couple of weeks staying at the foot of the climb to the Plateau de Beille. It took me over an hour and a half to do the 16km to the top. The likes of Contador, Armstrong and Pantani managed it in less than half the time. Wikipedia details here.

But as I reassured myself, they do or did it for a living and (ahem), for at least one of those named above, on something more than the coffee I did it on (allegedly).
So they do some fairly serious mountains it at an average of about 20-21 km/h or about 13mph. Crikey...

Skip Madness

stumpy said:
I read somewhere that LA's record up Ventoux is 58 mins.........I'm going there in Aug so I'll let you know how much I beat him by an what speed I go.......:biggrin:
Good luck on beating Lance Armstrong's time. You can do it!

Then you can have a crack at Iban Mayo's - 55'51".

CotterPin

stumpy said:
I read somewhere that LA's record up Ventoux is 58 mins.........I'm going there in Aug so I'll let you know how much I beat him by an what speed I go.......:biggrin:

Which way up will you be climbing, stumpy? I have done it from Malucene, the second hardest approach and it took me two hours. The route from Sault is apparently the easiest (relatively speaking) whilst the hardest climb is from Bedoin.

stumpy

CotterPin said:
Which way up will you be climbing, stumpy? I have done it from Malucene, the second hardest approach and it took me two hours. The route from Sault is apparently the easiest (relatively speaking) whilst the hardest climb is from Bedoin.

We are doing the "mad men of Ventoux challenge" so doing all three routes up in one day...then I'm never getting on a bike again...............until the next day;)

I'm going to use this as a learning block to NEVER agree to do something whilst socially confused:blush:;)

CotterPin

stumpy said:
We are doing the "mad men of Ventoux challenge" so doing all three routes up in one day...then I'm never getting on a bike again...............until the next day;)

I'm going to use this as a learning block to NEVER agree to do something whilst socially confused:blush:;)

WOWWWW! Much respect. I have always had a vague idea of doing that (luckily it has only ever stayed vague)

stumpy

CotterPin said:
WOWWWW! Much respect. I have always had a vague idea of doing that (luckily it has only ever stayed vague)

If I can still type/see after it I'll let you know how it was. I'm getting the "I've not trained enough/it's to soon" fears now:sad:

Top Bottom