Tonight I am sleeping here!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
rhuddlan-castle-gallery1.jpg

For tomorrow (and Monday) the Saxons will be kicking Norman Ass with the help of some Welsh friends!

Helly79

nice castle hopefully the weather will be good for you

OP
OP
Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike

numbnuts said:
Watch out for the ghosts

Ghosts?....shan't tell the kids...:becool:

In Denbighshire lies an edifice known as Rhuddlan Castle. This Welsh castle was the brainchild of England's King Edward I, forever known as Longshanks. He wanted to make sure the Welsh populace didn't try to fight for the parts of Wales that he had conquered, and Rhuddlan was only one of the fortresses built for this purpose. One of the ancient stories goes that a Welsh princess, losing her way in the forest, was chivalrously rescued by an unknown man. It turns out that it was not a man at all, but a fiendish beast attempting to fool the royal family. When the princess discovered his true form, she refused to be pledged to him, and was killed by the fiend's own hand. Even to this day, screams are heard from the woods . . . merely the wind, or a terrified ancient princess?

Coco

Do you ever get up to Largs, Vike? There's usually a big Viking festival in August.

OP
OP
Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike

Lisa21 said:
My boss owns Rhuddlan Castle:biggrin:

And yes, it is haunted:ohmy:

You work for CADW Lisa...fantastic sight...no ghosts this time.

Coco said:
Do you ever get up to Largs, Vike? There's usually a big Viking festival in August.

Coco it's one of the biggest events nationally but it clashes with the kids going back to school and Largs to Lincs is a long way to drive on a Sunday night!. Will get up there one day.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Vikeonabike said:
You work for CADW Lisa...fantastic sight...no ghosts this time.

No, not Cadw, Lord Langford..he owns most of the area and lives at Bodrhyddan Hall up the road from the castle. Cadw are involved tho, as trustees or guardians I think:wacko:

OP
OP
Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike

Lisa21 said:
No, not Cadw, Lord Langford..he owns most of the area and lives at Bodrhyddan Hall up the road from the castle. Cadw are involved tho, as trustees or guardians I think:wacko:

Pity he didn't come down, we could have dressed him up as Lord Robert of Rhuddlan and got him to hold court...Would have been great...:biggrin:

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Would have been brill but he's 98 so i doubt he'd have been up to it:biggrin:

Sounds like it was all a great success tho!

Top Bottom