Tonight I cooked...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Salmon steaks with new potatoes, broccoli, peas and asparagus, a sprig of parsley and a squeeze of lemon.

What did you get up to in the kitchen?

I had tomato soup and toast as it got late after being at the office and then the cat doing a runner!

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Salmon steaks with new potatoes, broccoli, peas and asparagus, a sprig of parsley and a squeeze of lemon.

What did you get up to in the kitchen?
Once my better half finished doing her "rust dyeing" experiments, I did a v similar meal.

Salmon steaks, a glug of wine, freshly picked asparagus (allotment) , all thrown into foil parcels and shoved in the oven.
Also separately roasted some cherry toms and courgette.
And boiled some new potatoes, stirred into mayo with lots of lemon zest and crushed garlic.

Fairly successful.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Charcoal grilled tilapia and banku with hot pepper dip. Sliced tomato and green pepper.

d33e019a-1b9c-4aca-b0ee-dd3a42b5db81.jpeg

Leftovers-ish...

Beef & chickpea madras, wilted spinach, watercress & parsley in a yoghurt & mint dressing and a wholemeal roti on the side.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Spaggy Bol* enough sauce for 6 but the other 4 portions will go into a Lasagne (probably Friday but maybe Saturday)

* I came across a real recipe for a Bolognese sauce a few years back, mince is not involved but you use very finely 'cubed' steak instead, it gives a totally different texture to the sauce and also has no herbs at all in it. Spaggy Bol on the other hand has sliced Mushrooms and mixed Herbs/ Basil in there and is ready after a couple of hours simmering but a proper Bolognese needs about 4 hours for the flavours to develop

Top Bottom